1995 yukon starting issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cburns002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to me is my yukon,, sometimes will not start, turn the key and nothing.. Dash lights up and fuel pump can be heard..... Wait bout 15 mins and then will start with no problems.. Thought maybe security system but do not have factory remote.. Any kind of info would be helpful.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Do you have spark and fuel when it doesn't want to start?

OP
OP
C

cburns002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes... only thing that lights up are the dash lights.. gettin an aftermarket alarm installed saturday

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea, trucks broke, get extra shit installed. Hahahaha

You probable have a bad wire at the battery, mine used to do that when I first got it. When I swapped the cabled out it stopped.

OP
OP
C

cburns002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haha......

All the warning lights comes on.. Then nothing... Some say it bcuz of the factory security system but do not have the remote...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if you mean they all go out suddenly on there own or when you start it then clean your battery cable terminal ends as well as check your grounds.

OP
OP
C

cburns002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
when i turn the key on tha dash lights up then when try to start it nothing... has only happen twice in two weeks since i owned it.. goin to check and replace battery cables

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrb1234