1995 Tahoe misfire?...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RynoHarris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first post on this website because normally I can search the forums and find my answer. But I can't seem to with this and no one I know is able to aid me. So here's he deal, I have a 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4 5.7 350. When I first start the truck everything's fine. After a couple minutes if I'm anywhere under 20-25 mph, and I'm holding accelerator to keep speed, the truck chugs and sputters, when I let off the pedal, it acts like it is starving for fuel or something and wants to die, but never does or has. It just kicks back up after 5 seconds or so of chugging. It does it in gear or in park, I can sit in park and touch the pedal and it chugs, let off and it acts like its going to die. But doesn't. It's been ongoing for at least 4 months now. I've replaced egr, tps, spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, cleaned my carb, and this weekend I'm replacing the fuel filter(at the time needs to be done anyways). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Please run a pressure test of your fuel system to try and see if anything is foul with it when it acts up. You should see about 13psi at all times.

OP
OP
RynoHarris

RynoHarris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks. I'll look into having it tested soon. Much appreciated SunlitComet.

"Never argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level, and beat you by experience." now Free

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get your ignition module checked at your local autozone for free, when mine went out it did what you are describing.

OP
OP
RynoHarris

RynoHarris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay cool, I'll get that checked also then. Thank you

"Never argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level, and beat you by experience." now Free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdubs85