17' Yukon Denali Clunky Transmission Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorCalDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My new to me 2017 GMC Denali was giving me really rough/jolting up and downshifts between 0-40mph, so I took it to the dealership to have them take a look. Unfortunately, they stated there was nothing wrong and it was performing as advertised with the latest SW release, however, they fortunately were able to erase and reset the transmission computer and apparently it will adjust to my driving over the next 300 miles.

Not sure if the above is dealer hogwash or not, but I am happy to report the 8 speed transmission is shifting much more smooth after the service, so I'm looking forward to seeing if the fix stays.

Hope this helps anyone unsure about their tranny!

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they do a flush or just a "lookie?"

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a known issue which has been talked about several times on this forum. There is a TSB and the fix is usually a flush and re-program, then a torque converter replacement, and finally a transmission replacement. The search feature may show the other threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts