15 Tahoe Stupid Cab Air Filter Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UFBeef

Reaction score
Changed my cabin air filter today, it was dirty, had some pine needles and such on top of it. Anyway, no issues, installed new one put it all back together. Started the ac and there is a new noise coming from the blower motor, you can hear spin down as the motor does. Took it all back apart and removed the filter and same noise. Thinking I dropped a darn pine needle or leaf down there, of course cant get anything down there to see. Just wanted to see if anybody else had any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
flashlight and mirror? blow it out with a air hose? stick a vacuum hose in there and blow it out with a air hose at the same time? I don't know just some ideas instead of having to take it apart.

OP
OP
U

UFBeef

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking, gonna rig something up the vac in the am. Plan B is for the wife to try get her hand in there, plan c is my 5 year old, plan d is take it apart. Found a video on YouTube where the guy had the exact same thing happen, poor design. I have to drive for 5 hrs tomorrow, dont want to listen to it for that long.

OP
OP
U

UFBeef

Reaction score
2 stinking leafs....pretty easy to do with the exception of the two screws holding the cover on by the firewall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts