Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasChevy86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would it be possible to run 15 inch wheels (Pro Comp in the picture below)with a 2" hubcentric spacer behind it? I keep hearing without the spacer, they dont fit. I plan on putting on a little 3" spindle lift on my 01 Suburban 2WD soon and I really like the look of the smaller rim/beefier tire combo.

upload_2020-11-18_15-29-33.png

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks' experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

OP
OP
T

TexasChevy86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks' experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.
Thanks, thats a pretty cool site actually. This question is more regarding just the wheel to the hub attachment. Even if I stick to the stock tire size after lifting the truck, will a 15 inch wheel bolt to the hub without any problem if 2" spacers are run. I could play it safe and stick to the 16, I just like the look.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I’m looking at my 2007 Yukon Denali that I put 17” wheels with 2” hubcentric spacers and I honestly don’t think a 15” would fit mine. Later I’ll be getting under it and I can measure for you with pictures...

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
both places i use for rims and tires say 15s wont fit your truck. you would need to push the wheels out a significant amount to clear the brakes most likely. then you would need large fender flares and you would also be adding extra strain you your bearings and other suspension components. that rim is available in a 16in and with a 3in lift you can probably atleast run a 265 or maybe even push a 285(33s). also difference between a 15 and a 16 with a big a$$ tire you wouldn't even notice. also a 10in wide rim is pretty big unless your planning a stretch look your going to need a wide a$$ tire to make those procomps not look ridiculous. with a 16x8 i would run 285 75 16 and they looked pretty big and most of the smaller shops hated to see me pull up. steel rims and a 285 75 is a heavy freaking tire.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Here’s what I’m working with on the 2007 Yukon Denali and 17” wheels with a positive offset and 2” spacer...

From the axle to the end of the caliper is exactly 6” (doesn’t look like it in the photo, but it is).F299E9C2-D411-43A0-958D-C6948BD80F48.jpeg

Leaving only 0.5” till it hits...

BAC1AD61-053E-4450-AB38-84EAE32CD6AE.jpeg

I believe my offset is +20 mm (can’t remember exactly and I forgot to look) and with 2” spacers the calipers are still in the wheel. I reckon those wheels would have about the same offset?

So it all depends on how large your discs and calipers are and how far your calipers go out from the axle.

Hope this helped.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Like Drakon said...you’d need a significant negative offset to clear the calipers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26