120k maintenance tune up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianb

Reaction score
That does not sound like a good or even what I would consider "fair" deal.

Charging you nearly 3 hours to change the plugs and wires? I'm a total dunce and am pretty sure I could get it done in less time than that.

Also, M3PO is correct: they should diagnose the misfire first rather than just throw money at it.

I say move on and get a 2nd opinion.

OP
OP
T

triumph.man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! You guys saved me a lot of $$.

another question...can all the replacements listed below be done @ home w/ just an open hood? I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, and I'm sure I can replace the plugs, cables, filter. But on the other notes, don't know what a distributor cap, ignition rotors are/located. I work on my motorcycle @ home and have the general tools needed.

This is truly a great forum, and going forward may start doing a lot of easy repairs on my own, minus the oil change... :)

So here's the part breakdown with the part cost/labor cost

Distributor cap - 78/43
Ignition cable set - 213/120
Spark plug - 120/119
Ignition rotor - 18/43
Air filter element - 43/34
Fuel filter - 21/43

All parts are ac delco and labor @ 85/hr

Do these prices seem reasonable?

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Also reason for this tune up is because I'm having a misfire

adrianb

Reaction score
I bet you could tackle all of that yourself with a limited set of tools and knowledge.

Online Chilton access here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13127

I bet you can find everything you need to know with that resource.

Not sure who the favorite online parts dealer is these days but I know you can generally save a lot by purchasing online.

Maybe the group will have some suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drew23