12 volt battery problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MightyThor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I apologize if this is covered someone else I was not able to find a thread about it. the other day I went to start my 2008 Hybrid Tahoe after it had sat all night Friday night and all of the Saturday until late in the evening.. I had no power door locks and such all dead. I jump started the truck and all seems fine. went to the store and back. stopped the truck and started it just fine each time. total trip was about 30 minutes. with about 10 minute driving. I then parked the truck for the rest of evening. Sunday morning I went out to find it dead again. checked the voltage on the 12 volt it had just over 3 volts. I Jump started the truck again and assumed I just didn't drive it enough the night before to fully charge the 12 volt. ?this time i Drove for about 2 hours. during which time, after about 5 minutes. the truck started going into auto stop and battery only modes. as well as hybrid mode. suggesting that the hybrid batteries are good still. after this drive I didn't have the problem again until this morning. same problem. same reaction with he auto stop and battery only drive. Does anyone one know if the procedure to test the 12 volt is the same as a standard 12 volt battery? Does anyone know what the different is between the 48pg batter which states it is only for hybrid vehicles and not for starting applications?

OP
OP
M

MightyThor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well not looks like it's not a bad batery. I had it test with multiple testing tools. Looks like I have a random parasitic drain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo