100k service done yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancaster

Reaction score
It was a beautiful day in PA. Decided to change out the plugs and wires after 105k. Also cleaned the MAF and throttle body, replaced the air filter too.

It seams to idle real well but down shifts are a bit harsher.

Overall not too bad of a job

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100k you should be changin out diff lube radiator flush air filter you should change with you oil, whens the last time you changed shocks, fuel filter, tranny flush unless the fluid still looks good also if you havent replaced any windows regulators then take off the door panels and grease up the tracks for all the windows after 100k i replaced all my windows regulators motors

sick1166

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't replace anything in the windows until it breaks
157,000 and no window problems yet

OP
OP
L

Lancaster

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just replaced the water pump so I think I am good on the radiator fluid. Over the past 30k I have suctioned out and replaced 6 qts of tranny fluid. I get about 3 qts each time. I guess I should drop the pan- have just been avoiding that dirty job and am always fearful of not doing something right with it.

I will pull the door panels and lube the regulators as I am big on preventable maintenance.

What is the consensus on gear fluid? I have the limited slip rear- I think that was standard for the z71- any special fluid or modifier needed hear? Same weights for the front? ATF in the t-case?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lancaster

Reaction score
A Few other other items, the original iridium plug electrodes were badly deteriorated. The gap was way more than .04. I measured a few at .06+. They were like warn little nubs! I never got a misfire or cel. But, she definitely idles smoother now. Not sure if this is from the MAF cleaning, t-body cleaning (which was filthy - really needed scrubbing and a ton of t-body cleaner), or the plugs/wires. I used the NAPA Beldan wires with the lifetime warranty and of course the ac Delco plugs.

If anyone is in northeast pa and wants some help doing this job, let me know.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

100k you should be changin out diff lube radiator flush air filter you should change with you oil, whens the last time you changed shocks, fuel filter, tranny flush unless the fluid still looks good also if you havent replaced any windows regulators then take off the door panels and grease up the tracks for all the windows after 100k i replaced all my windows regulators motors

Is the a serviceable fuel filter? I thought it was in the tank.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
naw the fuel filter is direclty underneath the drivers seat underneath the vehicle its roughly the size of a soda can and cost about 12 bucks i think
the fuel pump is in the tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elepere