'10 Denali sound loss after start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegreatone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, newbie Denali owner, longtime Sub owner. I just got a '10 Denali and all sound will quit after start up after about 5 minutes or more. The stereo sounds amazing and can be loud or soft but will just quit randomly. The longest it's lasted was 20 minutes. I can be driving or sitting so I"m not sure t's a rattle that is shaking a wire loose. I also lose all blinker, chimes, park assist sounds as well. I can shut it off, open the door and restart it and it all comes back on. I know it all goes through the amp, but have read that it may not be a bad amp, but something causing the amp to shut off. Do you guys have a solid list of things to run down before I have to purchase an amp and start replacing everything connected to the amp? Or is there a very common solution to this? Your help is much appreciated!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
try pulling up the cup holder/tray, it just pops out use a plastic trim tool, under there is the bose amp, try tapping on it with the blunt end of a screwdriver and see if the sound comes back on

beyond doing that you really need a tech2 to test the radio & amplifier

OP
OP
T

thegreatone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
try pulling up the cup holder/tray, it just pops out use a plastic trim tool, under there is the bose amp, try tapping on it with the blunt end of a screwdriver and see if the sound comes back on

beyond doing that you really need a tech2 to test the radio & amplifier
Ok thank you, i'll try that after it goes off. If it comes back on, what does that mean? Bad amp?

OP
OP
T

thegreatone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well tapping it didn’t do anything after it lost sound just now. Any other things to try?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well tapping it didn’t do anything after it lost sound just now. Any other things to try?
maybe try jiggling the wire harness right there, if that doesn't do it, then maybe see if a fuse is funky and if it's not that then you really need a tech2 or take it to the dealer and have them test it with a tech2, with a tech2 you could test the amp or the radio to see where the problem is.

OP
OP
T

thegreatone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
maybe try jiggling the wire harness right there, if that doesn't do it, then maybe see if a fuse is funky and if it's not that then you really need a tech2 or take it to the dealer and have them test it with a tech2, with a tech2 you could test the amp or the radio to see where the problem is.
I appreciate it!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roflwaffle

Latest posts