Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this 10 year old (possibly high mileage) Two Mode Hybrid has never had the Hydrid battery replaced then that would be my pick for a prime suspect.
I swapped mine last year at over 200k and that cured all the weird stalling lurch problems. 40k later and it is running smooth as silk (knock on wood)
Mine has also started leaking oil at the auxilary pump area. I thoroughly cleaned the area and mine is a engine rear main seal leak coming from between the bell housing and engine block. Just seeping right now but it coats the aux pump (and drips on my newly sealed driveway) and makes it hard to find unless you completely clean everything off and run it a few miles and check it. I am doing the hillbilly fix right now. I built an oil leak catch pan and I am using that until it gets too bad to drive it THEN I either junk it or pull the transmission and fix the main seal leak. Leaning towards junking it LOL.
Note: I used Best hybrid Battery for my refurbished battery (installed myself) but there are several out there that come to you and swap like Green Bean battery.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this 10 year old (possibly high mileage) Two Mode Hybrid has never had the Hydrid battery replaced then that would be my pick for a prime suspect.
I swapped mine last year at over 200k and that cured all the weird stalling lurch problems. 40k later and it is running smooth as silk (knock on wood)
Mine has also started leaking oil at the auxilary pump area. I thoroughly cleaned the area and mine is a engine rear main seal leak coming from between the bell housing and engine block. Just seeping right now but it coats the aux pump (and drips on my newly sealed driveway) and makes it hard to find unless you completely clean everything off and run it a few miles and check it. I am doing the hillbilly fix right now. I built an oil leak catch pan and I am using that until it gets too bad to drive it THEN I either junk it or pull the transmission and fix the main seal leak. Leaning towards junking it LOL.
Note: I used Best hybrid Battery for my refurbished battery (installed myself) but there are several out there that come to you and swap like Green Bean battery.
but still would not cause a misfire

low engine oil can cause a misfire too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
korzone

Latest posts