09 Tahoe bilstein shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kervin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m new to the forum and I’ve got a 09 4x4 LTZ Tahoe. I’m wanting to get new rear shocks and springs as I put a 3.5 in spacer leveling kit in the front from supreme suspensions and a 1.5 inch spacer for the rear (any weight and the truck starts to sag, wore out springs, truck was level when I first put lift on). I plan on getting SD XHD heavy duty truck springs for the rear so I can tow but it’s hard to find shocks that would fit my truck. Wanting to now if these bilsteins would fit. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsn-24-185783
Same part # on eBay says they fit my truck but no other website does. They apparently fit avalanches and 07-13 suburban 2500s. Don’t know why they wouldn’t fit mine. Any help?

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m new to the forum and I’ve got a 09 4x4 LTZ Tahoe. I’m wanting to get new rear shocks and springs as I put a 3.5 in spacer leveling kit in the front from supreme suspensions and a 1.5 inch spacer for the rear (any weight and the truck starts to sag, wore out springs, truck was level when I first put lift on). I plan on getting SD XHD heavy duty truck springs for the rear so I can tow but it’s hard to find shocks that would fit my truck. Wanting to now if these bilsteins would fit. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsn-24-185783
Same part # on eBay says they fit my truck but no other website does. They apparently fit avalanches and 07-13 suburban 2500s. Don’t know why they wouldn’t fit mine. Any help?
@Kervin Hey man I did some research for you and it looks like they will mount. They say these are good up to 3 inches of lift. If you are lifted 3 inches in the rear like I am I recommend calling Rough Country and buying their rear shock extension brackets from their 3.5 inch tahoe lift kit. You don't want to run shocks fully extended or compressed. At that height your rear axle might be off center so maybe look into a spohn panhard bar as well. Also I have never heard of the springs you mentioned, I love the MOOG 81069 springs I am using in the back of my truck. Good luck my man.