08 z-71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMOGIRL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i got my truck in 2008 and finally last year got new rims and tires on it. but now i feel like the tires leave too much space in the wheel wells. i have bf goodrich rugged terrain tires and xd monster wheels.

i hate my tires by the way. way too much noise. like the opposite of all show and no go, these are loud but look stock!

my husband had a tahoe back in 1998. i remember before any lifts he turned up the torsion bars? at least that is what we called it then. it made a difference though.

anyone here do that with a newer tahoe? how about some pictures?

thanks!

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
2007+ trucks have a different suspension. You'll need spacers, aka leveling kit. Lots of people like CCM. I used Ready Lift on mine. Since we live so close to each other, if you need help installing let me know. I installed mine in my driveway. Only took a few hours. You will need a 4 wheel alignment afterwards.

I don't have any pics because I deleted then after my truck died and I couldn't keep it.

OP
OP
DMOGIRL

DMOGIRL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007+ trucks have a different suspension. You'll need spacers, aka leveling kit. Lots of people like CCM. I used Ready Lift on mine. Since we live so close to each other, if you need help installing let me know. I installed mine in my driveway. Only took a few hours. You will need a 4 wheel alignment afterwards.

I don't have any pics because I deleted then after my truck died and I couldn't keep it.

hi again :) thanks for replying.

do you know how much those kits cost? the alignment i could get done for free.

what happened to your truck?

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u can get a front leveling kit 2" lift for around $60... or u can get a 2.5 - 3.5" life for $300- $400...

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the 2.5" top gun Customz front only leveling kit which was $100 shipped then the eBay 1.5" rear spacer was $50 shipped. It was welllllll worth $150.

OP
OP
DMOGIRL

DMOGIRL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah that is cheap, i am going to do it!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it! Pics don't do it justice. It's a huge improvement when actually standing next to the truck.