'08 Tahoe LT3 3.42 / rear-end issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having rear-end issues in their Tahoe or Yukon?

The back-story....truck is a 2008 LT3 / 4x2 / 3.42. Rear end starting whining at 36K....lived with it until about 50K when it was so loud that it was unbearable. Dealer rebuilit it under the 5/100 Powertrain warranty.

It's been 18 months since the first rebuild and the truck has around 73K now. And the whine is back....loud. And the dealer is, as we speak, rebuilding the rear-end again. My concern is the 5/100 Powertrain expires the end of February. Anything I can or should do to keep the issue from occurring again?

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
make them replace it.....
idk if you have already tried but i think it would be worth a shot

wired1236

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else having rear-end issues in their Tahoe or Yukon?

The back-story....truck is a 2008 LT3 / 4x2 / 3.42. Rear end starting whining at 36K....lived with it until about 50K when it was so loud that it was unbearable. Dealer rebuilit it under the 5/100 Powertrain warranty.

It's been 18 months since the first rebuild and the truck has around 73K now. And the whine is back....loud. And the dealer is, as we speak, rebuilding the rear-end again. My concern is the 5/100 Powertrain expires the end of February. Anything I can or should do to keep the issue from occurring again?

I had the same problem on my 07 Tahoe. The dealer replaced a rear bearing (under warranty still). I have about 15k on the new one. So far, so good. I can post more detailed info from the receipt if you need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treyseanpowell

Latest posts