08 TAHOE LS PPV Rear AC Control Options? *HELP PLEASE*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tenminutes

Reaction score
Guys, new here. Thank in advance for the help. I just bought a PPV 08 Tahoe. The rear AC is controlled by the crappy front dash head AC controller via an "aux" button. My question is:

1. Can I order/upgrade my in dash ac controller to a different style, like the digital ones in the LTZ. Is it plug and play with the LS wiring that goes into the basic one that is there?

2. If I can upgrade that controller, does that give me flexibility on how I control my rear AC different than the settings up front? For example, could I buy a rear console controller, install it, and find a harness that connects the two units togther?

I dont even know if the rear AC is controlled via the in dash controller. That makes logical sense to me but I have no clue. ANY intel on this is helpful.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. You'd have to swap out entire wire harness, BCM, you'd have to get the ac air aspirator and all. It would be cheaper to sell the PPV and get the Tahoe you want

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo