'07 Yukon XL Denail Stablitrak/Tracion Control Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so I tagged onto another thread and really did not get the responses I was looking for, so going to start a new thread to see if I can get some direction/clarity on my issue.

Month or so ago I started receiving the message on my display "Stablitrak Off" "Service Traction Control" and have the traction icon and the ABS icon lite on the instrument cluster. At that point there was an error code showing indicating that there was something wrong with the left rear wheel sensor.

I started by doing a little service with the sensor/control on the left rear wheel by disconnecting the rod from the sensor to the control arm, took it off, moved it, oiled it, and put it back on. Put my scanner on and was able to clear the code related to left rear wheel, but still receiving the messages about "Stablitrak Off" "Service Traction Control" and still have the icons lite for the traction and ABS.

Have received a code for the TPS twice, those cleared just fine.

BTW, this has 105k miles on it, other than this issue, runs fine.

So I chimed in on another thread asking about what module I might need for my scanner to interface with the Stablitrak, tried to get some type of a diagram of where the sensors are for the Stablitrak/Traction Control, and some idea of how this system works, but no real input from anyone on this site.

I went to a local PepBoys to see if they could diagnose the issue, they said it was strictly a GM Dealer supported diagnosis.

Called the local GMC dealer, they said they could diagnose the issue, cost is $120.

I just wanted to try again here to see if anyone can help with:

- What type of module or scanner is needed to interface with the Stablitrak/Traction Control System?
- Anyone have a diagram of where the sensors are on this system and how do they interface (functionally) with the ECM of Body Control modules?

Help here would be very much appreciated! :)

Bruce

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am disappointed that there does not seem to be any replies to this?

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealerships use what is called a techII. Those of us that are tuned from BlackBear performance use that scanner which is an efi live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts