07 Yukon/Active fuel management

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Posiburner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a way to shut off the active fuel management feature on my 07 Yukon?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to shut off the active fuel management feature on my 07 Yukon?
There are lots of posts here on this. Yes. You can do it with a "Range" device that connects to the OBDII port. You can have it permanently tuned out for $50 by sending your ECU into a company that does it, you can have it tuned out as part of a professional performance email tune by Black Bear Performance, or you can mechanically delete it by doing a cam and lifter swap and then having it tuned to not use the AFM components because they're no longer there.

woodsie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are lots of posts here on this. Yes. You can do it with a "Range" device that connects to the OBDII port. You can have it permanently tuned out for $50 by sending your ECU into a company that does it, you can have it tuned out as part of a professional performance email tune by Black Bear Performance, or you can mechanically delete it by doing a cam and lifter swap and then having it tuned to not use the AFM components because they're no longer there.
What is the purpose of the AFS?

woodsie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What benefit is it to disconnect it? Saw this discussion on here. I have an 05 Tahoe that sucks on gas mileage. Didn't know if it would help me. Thanks for your response, Geotrash.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What benefit is it to disconnect it? Saw this discussion on here. I have an 05 Tahoe that sucks on gas mileage. Didn't know if it would help me. Thanks for your response, Geotrash.
It's a common failure point. Something in the system fails at some point in its millions of transitions and a lifter gets stuck in the collapsed position. Left long enough it will hammer and eventually wipe the cam. At most it's good for .5-1 mpg but I actually get better mileage without it and with a black bear tune.

Crabby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was in contact with Range about two weeks ago and they are working on a device for 22-23 but nothing yet.

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been dealing with this AFM-DOD crap for several years now. Screw it!! I just had all the parts delivered yesterday from Texas Speed. Almost $900.00 for the parts but they are quality including a new cam and I am so looking forward to getting everything installed. Looking at dropping over $2K for the labor but it’s worth it. My Yukon is an ‘07 with less than 140,000 total miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh