07 transmission dangers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Writefast

Reaction score
Morning all.
I’m looking at an 07 LT 4x4 with 250k miles. Don’t currently know what work has been done to the vehicle. How dangerous would you expect this transmission to be? I’ve read that these trans have an expected life of about 160k but have seen more than one that has had no problems at 200k and over. At an asking price of 7k on a truck that seems well taken care of, is this a good bet? Or can I expect trans problems in the near future?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morning all.
I’m looking at an 07 LT 4x4 with 250k miles. Don’t currently know what work has been done to the vehicle. How dangerous would you expect this transmission to be? I’ve read that these trans have an expected life of about 160k but have seen more than one that has had no problems at 200k and over. At an asking price of 7k on a truck that seems well taken care of, is this a good bet? Or can I expect trans problems in the near future?
That will be the 4L60E, I believe. It will all depend on how it’s been maintained and driven. I would wager that a rebuild has already happened, but I’ve seen those go 350K before rebuild also. If you can confirm that it’s the original, then I would budget for a rebuild for when the time comes.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Morning all.
I paid 5,000 for my ltz with around 240,000 miles also unaware if any powertrain replacements luckily I’ve tried to take care of it and do proper maintenance I’ve now got my ltz up to around 375,000 getting close to 400,000 miles now!

OP
OP
Writefast

Writefast

Reaction score
Thanks gents. In the interim I found a one owner 07 Yukon with lower miles and a complete service history. Going with that one instead. Merry Christmas and thanks again!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morning all.
only thing I can tell you is check the dipstick and see what the fluid looks like.
if the fluid is still pinkish it's a better indicator than if it is brownish/burnt looking
in any case it's a used vehicle that's always a gamble period and at 250k it's fair bet that many things have been addressed already

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz