07 Tahoe - Various Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samuel Goggins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, this is my first post on the forum so I appreciate you letting me join the community.

I have an 07 Tahoe Z71. I recently brought it to the shop because it has been making a squeaking/clicking noise when idling and then the click/squeak gets faster as I accelerate. I initially thought it was a serpentine belt issue but when the shop called me back they said that my engine is shot. I have 145k miles on the truck. Never neglected oil changes and used synthetic oil.

On top of this I have a number of issues with the vehicle.
-Check Engine Light
-Stabilitrack Light
-Traction Control Light
-ABS Light
-Cruise Control doesnt work
-Tire pressure light even though i just had sensors replaced within the past year

If there is any tips you could give I'd appreciate it. I must admit, I know nothing about cars but I think i'd like to.

Thanks for your time!

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if engine shot due to lifters/AFM issue? Somewhat common especially around that mileage if it hasnt been disabled prior.
- CEL Light - can you get the codes?
-Stabilitrack light - mine came on before and went away on its own but the CEL code would help
-Cruise Control - could be a brake switch that attaches to the brake pedal. Easy replacement just hope thats the issue
-Tire pressure light - if all sensors replaced, I would do the relearn process which you can find on this forum. It should atleast tell you which tire sensor is giving a problem if you cant complete the relearn. The shop that installed the sensors should provide some type of warranty or attempt to do the relearn with their tool

How long have you had the truck? Miles wise?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
It’s kinda vague. Squeak or click I’d tend to think belt, but you said you done that, maybe a tensioner? It be better help if you could post the codes related to you failure lights. As for Tpms, is it a low tire light or actual failure?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your cruise control will not work if the abs light is on, so don't worry about that, once the abs issue is fixed the cruise will work again
traction control can also be brake/abs related so these issue's could all be stemming from one thing. you will want to get a ABS level scan and see what the codes are.
your cel is likely directly related to the engine issue-like stated above request a second opinion from another shop before nose diving into that (request specifics other than "it's shot")
tpms could simply be from a tire rotation and not being re-synced?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DEFINITELY get a 2nd opinon!!!!! I have over 300K on mine and it makes all kinds of noises but it still runs!!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts