07 Escalade bilstein questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkie

Reaction score
Hello guys

I just did the rear bilsteins they were a simple install added hotchkis sway bar while I was back there
The fronts seemed a little harder to do in my yard all alone so I brought it to a mechanic and when I got it back the front seems so high
I told them not to install the round things that came with the kit but I'm not sure they listened and can't really see anything wrong just looking thru the wheel
Is it possible they did something wrong I've driven it a month so far to see if it would settleImageUploadedByTapatalk1345297656.182885.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1345297859.618060.jpg and this is what it looks like now
I'm not sure what I should do
I have some spring spacers would it be ok to put them in to level out the rear
I really liked the stance before putting shocks but it needed them badly

This is what it was before installs

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345297995.751253.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345298045.489214.jpg

OP
OP
Darkie

Darkie

Reaction score
The same mechanic installed new eom shocks in my Tahoe and the stance didn't really change neither did the rideImageUploadedByTapatalk1345298300.433612.jpg

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the shock where the bottom spring perch is, you should be able to see that collar on there or not. When I bought mine a couple months ago, they no longer sold them with that collar because of the complaints that it raised the front a half inch. It's probably in there if your front is high. Mine went in with no change in height. Just to verify...you are talking about the Arnott bilsteins right?

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the popular Bilstein 5100s that everyone gets are adjustable and can add .5-1" of lift. Maybe you got adjustable shocks and the mechanic put it on the highest setting causing it to raise the vehicle up 1"?

OP
OP
Darkie

Darkie

Reaction score
Yes I have the arnott bilstein
One package had one spacer and another package had 2 spacers or metal collars for a total of 3 shipped with my shocks
I can't tell if the spacer is in there I will take a better look tomorrow
Thanks for the help
Is it ok to put a spacer in the rear springs with air shocks

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have the arnott bilstein
One package had one spacer and another package had 2 spacers or metal collars for a total of 3 shipped with my shocks
I can't tell if the spacer is in there I will take a better look tomorrow
Thanks for the help
Is it ok to put a spacer in the rear springs with air shocks

The metal collars are necessary for the bump stops. If they looked like cups then they go on the top of the shock. They will not change ride height. the spacer literally looks like a ring. It holds the bottom spring perch. If you don't use it there is still a c clip on the shock that holds the perch so the spacer isn't necessary and will raise the truck.
Yes, you can raise the rear with a spacer in the rear it will not harm the air shocks...I guess you wanna just level things out. Probably easier than disassembling the fronts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
35thpewterz