07-14 Running board motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmbulanceDan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a New to me used 2014 Escalade ESV Platinum. The power running boards were “stuck” extended. I was able to free up the passenger side with simple deep cleaning and lots of lube. But the driver side is FUBAR. The motor is smoked. Completely corroded and done done. There is no ID tag left on the motor. Who was the OEM manufacturer for GM? Or who knows of a good aftermarket motor. I would be happy to get either the motor by itself or as the assembly with hinge. My concern is how wildly varying the prices are for aftermarket I’ve seen from $76.00-$1500.00. Looked between GM parts sites, RockAuto, Amazon and EBay. Any one have experience with any of these aftermarket?

Attachments

• IMG_2353.jpeg
    IMG_2353.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2351.jpeg
    IMG_2351.jpeg
    335.7 KB · Views: 7

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased a New to me used 2014 Escalade ESV Platinum. The power running boards were “stuck” extended. I was able to free up the passenger side with simple deep cleaning and lots of lube. But the driver side is FUBAR. The motor is smoked. Completely corroded and done done. There is no ID tag left on the motor. Who was the OEM manufacturer for GM? Or who knows of a good aftermarket motor. I would be happy to get either the motor by itself or as the assembly with hinge. My concern is how wildly varying the prices are for aftermarket I’ve seen from $76.00-$1500.00. Looked between GM parts sites, RockAuto, Amazon and EBay. Any one have experience with any of these aftermarket?
I believe AMP RESEARCH used to be the supplier, but I could very well be wrong. It's been a few minutes since I last looked into it.

OP
OP
AmbulanceDan

AmbulanceDan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any idea on the aftermarket manufactures?
I mean some of these “brands” I’ve never heard of ever. Especially the ones on Amazon.
I can’t even pronounce some of them hahaha

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were in the market, I think AMP would be my go to source. I have no knowledge on any of the others.

Personally, I wish our Yukon didn’t have retractable running boards. Being in Iowa, they just get blasted in the winter and it’s a struggle to keep them functional. If I could find a hood set of fixed ones for a decent price, I’d swap them out in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
AmbulanceDan

AmbulanceDan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is my 1st GMT900. I kind of like the taste of “high class” lmao.
I have 2 800s, an 04 Tahoe LT and an 03 Denali that has past her prime. CT/Mass winters have done her in body and frame are once again becoming one with the earth one iron particle at a time.
I do like the power boards. I spray them down every oil change with a good penetrating spray in the warmer months and then every few weeks in the winter with fluid film. I’ve never seen an electric motor corrode like this one, from the inside out. The photo is the dust which used to be the inside of aluminum motor housing.

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpeg
    IMG_2355.jpeg
    985.4 KB · Views: 8