07-11 Southern Comfort Avalanche Upper Cladding Kit aka "Slick Kit"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had plastics sanded and painted on an Explorer I had years ago and had no problems with them chipping. I would say if he is having trouble with it happening then go to a different shop because he does not know how to do it correctly.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
amen to what Yates said... dude sounds lazy.

Car paint adheres to almost anything when PREPARED PROPERLY. ;)

edit: i should add that these pieces need to be sanded smooth, so paint over the texture wouldnt look right. But, as long as they are sanded properly and the right adhesion promoters put on, there should be absolutely no issues.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My uncle does bodywork and has successfully painted the plastics on an Av so I'd agree you can do it. Just have to find the right shop that wants to do the work. As Robbie said it'll take a LOT of sanding to get everything smooth so that it looks right but would be worth it.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm... very interesting guys. I will call them today shortly and get an estimate on the paint job then... Thanks for all the responses!!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ur....gonna call the shop that told u they have problems? :think:

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No i'm going to call a DIFFERENT shop then the original one that I talked to... just another local custom auto shop in town lol... i'm never calling that other place for paint related jobs ever again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons