06 GMC Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the hole to the air box is in the fender. so if water splashed up there and you were in the gas i could see it sucking its way in the engine.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sucked coolant into a Nissan numerous times, the thing smoked and chocked, and blew smoke and farted and big puffs of black smoke and still kept right on going lol, just changed the oil, that dam thing is still running around by the next owner.

OP
OP
B

bondslex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That must be what happened. My Yukon completely died on me and I watched a Ford Focus drive around me as my engine lost its power. Can you imagine the feeling.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That must be what happened. My Yukon completely died on me and I watched a Ford Focus drive around me as my engine lost its power. Can you imagine the feeling.

Yes, dunked the nose into a swamp a couple weeks ago but got lucky and powered out of it before the water could fill the engine bay!

My wife was caught in a flash flood once and the water was so deep the fans blew the fuses/breakers and the van nearly overheated by the time she got home.

During rainy season I always removed my ram air intakes at the bottom of the bumper of my muscle cars for this reason too. Well, those I drove all the time.

OP
OP
B

bondslex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I install a k&n air intake system will this fix this from happening again. Would it still be using the fender for air?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
If you're going through that many water crossings where this is a concern, you should consider a snorkel and waterproofing your engine bay

Look at where your air intake is. Look at where the water line was. Consider the speed you were going and what that's doing to the flow of water. You'll find your answer there

Stock airbox takes it from the fender. Missing a fender liner? Going too fast that water spashed up there?

Here's what the air intake hole looks like
IMG_3652.jpg

OP
OP
B

bondslex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thx. Not planning on going through any ever again. I live in an area of N.C. where water sometimes crosses the roads. Just want to prevent this from happening again.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Swiss cheese mod will keep your factory airbox from filling with water. It will just drain out the bottom. I got a metal mesh cut to fit the hole I made in my stock airbox to keep things like leaves from flying in it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas