06 Escalade/First Time Escalade owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Hey All, I'm a first time Escalade owner. Having recently relocated to S. MS where "Cruisin-the-Coast" is a yearly, week long eye-candy-fest of hot rods, classics, and customs, I've decided to do more than look and drool. I just bought an 06 Caddie Escalade and plan to repair, replace and modify to bring it up to be comparable mechanically and in finish to a manufacturer's certified used model. Plus, I'm adding a few personal touches. I ordered a LQ9/LS3 heads crate engine that is rated at 452hp, which just arrived. The 4L65E tranny is in being rebuilt. I just ordered suspension from Belltech to do a 2/3 drop. The body is straight and the sport red metallic factory paint is in remarkably good shape, so for now I plan to do some wheeling, rubbing and a bit of touchup to bring it back to factory finish quality. I have new gray/red leather seat covers on order from Katzkin. Those are the things I've settled on so far.

I do have a couple of things I'd appreciate some input on from you all, if you don't mind.
1. Do any of you know if anyone makes a simple rear bumper that will fit Escalades? I'd like to replace the stock bumper with something simpler and tighter fitting. I found an aftermarket rolled rear pan for Tahoe and Yukon, but it won't fit the escalade because of its different trim cladding at the quarter panels. And, I prefer an actual bumper like the bumpers Chip Foose does.
2. I'm doing a 2/3 drop and would like suggestions for wheels and tires. My peference is a 20" Wheel with an overall diameter of around 33" and width of 10.5", but I have no idea if that size will work without rubbing. Anny suggestions?
3. I'd like a really nice factory-installed-looking infotainment system that doesn't require changing dash trim. Any suggestions?
4. This year at "Cruisn'-the-Coast a vendor had some really outrageous instrument clusters for GMs. They look like three screens (or perhaps 1 screen with three areas for dispaly. The gauges are active images and programmable to have different gauge styles and different colored lighting. He claimed they just plug in to the stock dash harness. But I didn't get the name of the company. Anyone recognize who I'm talking about?
5. Any other suggestions are welcome. What I'm trying for is comfort, style, reliability and performance, with a big emphasis of reliability and comfort as we intend to use the car as a daily driver.

Thanks for letting me talk about my car.
Here are some before photos.

Attachments

• 06Escaladebefore1.jpg
    06Escaladebefore1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 11
  • rearview.jpg
    rearview.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 11
  • FrPasInterior.jpg
    FrPasInterior.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and post pics when you can.
Here are some Before photos. The restomod began today with a transmission rebuild. Next, we will pull the engine and clean up the engine bay before installing the new LS364/450 crate engine.

Attachments

• 06Escaladebefore1.jpg
    06Escaladebefore1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 7
  • FrPasInterior.jpg
    FrPasInterior.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Front2.jpg
    Front2.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Oregon. There’s an unlimited possibility of things that can be done to these trucks. Have fun! My build thread for my 02 Denali has plenty if you need ideas. It’s currently at 389 pages so it is a bit lengthy.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And as far as those clusters go- are you sure those weren’t for the 07-14 models where it replaces the HVAC controls and stereo instead of ones that replace the instrument clusters? I have seen those but nothing like you described.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome form socal. Nice looking caddy! Have fun with restoring and modding! Unlimited ideas as to what can be done to those trucks like make said^. As far as infotainment systems check out crutchfield.com. They will have a full list of every headunit available that will be compatible with your truck and also the necessary adapters and modules required to keep steering wheel controls and the door chimes and what it active. I have a pioneer AVIC-8500NEX unit in my 2006 Denali XL that’s got wireless apple carpay and I like it a lot. It’s got a good backup camera attached to it as well and that’s a nice feature to have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094