05Alive's 2005 Denali Resuscitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been super busy with finals and getting back to work and the new toy and this heap.

Cracked the transmission right where the snap ring groove is that holds the servo in. I'll upload a pic from my phone.

Oh and I bought a super clean harley 6.4....
That blew both turbos and broke a rocker before I made it home.
It was as-is, I knew the risks, and it was still a terrific deal, but it looks like I'll be building it sooner than I thought. Was deleted, crazy fast and got great mileage for the 500 miles it worked.

So currently the 6.4 is hidden behind my dad's shop, the 05 is tucked up in a corner of my dad's shop covered in dust, and I'm alternating between my work truck and some old plow trucks. It's killing me because I have nothing I can take to the beach and nothing with an aux cord.

It's testing my self restraint not to buy an alpine and stick it in my work truck overnight.

Good news is we had an excuse to buy a new tilt kaufman that fits a truck (old one was short and ramps, but we have track machines now) to go pick up the 6.4 in Harriman, TN (Jerry Duncan Ford is the shit, if you're reading this some goodies are on the way for being f'n awesome to me and blake)

Bad news is some a**hole tried to tell us that buying it factory direct was interstate commerce (lol) and wrote us 300 dollars in tickets and 5 warnings related to not having dot numbers, logs, med cards, a fire extinguisher, etc.
Both FMCSA and the state DOT told us the "cop" (no gun, in a minivan, with a beer gut) was dead wrong, but my options are to spend more than that fighting it (even if I win they won't pay legal fees, court costs, or the cost to get me to Pennsylvania, or lost wages) or just suck it up. What a scam they're running. I'm still pissed.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got stuff to do when you get the money. Good times lol. How'd that trans break?

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got stuff to do when you get the money. Good times lol. How'd that trans break?
No clue.
I was on my way to get pizza on a sunday night and it just started revving to the moon and I was slowing down. I whipped into a parking lot and most of my fluid dumped out there, and i had to drag it onto my rollback. Wouldn’t move.

It had 303000 on everything original save for a few lines.

Lot of work to do but it will all be worth it in the end.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That HD Ford will be a cool project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That HD Ford will be a cool project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope so. It’s already fast stock, no tune.

Need to fix the b&w so I can actually use it too. But it will be good looking and a decent daily/work truck. Gets better mileage already than the yukon.

OP
OP
05alive

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 303,000 you got your money's worth out of it as they say. I've never seen a case break like that, congratulations!
Oh absolutely! It still could go a lot longer with a junkyard or reman trans. Not much vital is rusty because it’s leaking a tad, only a little body rust.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh absolutely! It still could go a lot longer with a junkyard or reman trans. Not much vital is rusty because it’s leaking a tad, only a little body rust.
Oh yeah, I was talking about the trans not the truck. The truck still has plenty of life left in it, but I'm afraid the trans is done lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaaalomari

Latest posts