05 z71 Wobble/vibration after front spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryanz71hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so check this out. I just installed OE replica snowflake wheels (the kind for 2014 and up midnight edition) and I can’t seem to get the wobbling to go away. The tires are hankook dynapros. At first we balanced them and the wobble persisted. I ended up taking it to a different shop to do a road force balance and the problem went away, I drove it to almost 90 mph and it was like a dream. When they roadforced them, I had 2 inch wheel spacers on the back, but not on the front (ordering mistake, didn’t realize they sold in sets of 2) anyways, I installed the fronts, and now the vibration/wobble is back, and it is worse than before, but is pretty much only noticeable after 50 MPH. So what now? I have new moog inner and outer tie rods, relatively new Moog bearings, a 2 inch rough country leveling kit, and relatively new ac delco pro idler arm and bracket. I did the best I could to clean the mating surface where the spacers sit, and torqued them to spec. So what now? I’m stumped.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what now? I’m stumped.

Welcome to the forum. What year is your vehicle?

When is the last time you had the alignment checked?

BTW- This post might be better in the Street Suspension thread. Maybe an Admin can move it for you.

OP
OP
Ryanz71hoe

Ryanz71hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is 2005 z71. I had the alignment done a week ago when I got the brand new tie rods put in. That’s definitely not it.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is 2005 z71. I had the alignment done a week ago when I got the brand new tie rods put in. That’s definitely not it.

It’s a long shot, but it might be worth putting a dial indicator on your front spacers to make sure one of them doesn’t have too much run-out. If one was machined such that the two surfaces are not parallel, that can induce a wobble in your tire like a bent axle would and could create a resonance at higher speeds.

I would also check the concentricity of the spacer as well.

OP
OP
Ryanz71hoe

Ryanz71hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rough country 2 inch. I just pulled the fronts off. The rears are still on and there is barely a shake over 80 mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should have bought my barely used 2" hub centric spacers I had in the classifieds forever. I sold them yesterday on EBay for $30 for a pair.....how much did you pay for yours? Hub centric I hope?

OP
OP
Ryanz71hoe

Ryanz71hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah they are hub centric. I got em from rough country 50 a pair I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh