05 Yukon XL - shock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my Yukon SLT up on a lift today..... I changed the oil and lubed ....

Discovered my Hydro Booster is leaking - going to replace....

BUT.....

I saw my 4 shocks. They seem to work fine..... Rears are clean / no leaks.... They are all blue color......
I don't think that is a factory color? ( I saw a paper sticker at the lower part of shocks / worn out)

Rears are Nivomat ( style?) Considering the blue color......

Any idea what brand it could be? Or is blue OEM??

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score

No shit..... Man-o-man..... I wonder if this set has lasted for the 145,000 miles???

They had a little bit of rust spots on the housings ( not serious rust, but showing age )

The Carfax on this truck is quite lengthy! Oil was changed no more than 4,500 miles each time from new,
All fluids changed/flushed a couple times.

I'm impressed with the previous owner!!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No shit..... Man-o-man..... I wonder if this set has lasted for the 145,000 miles???

They had a little bit of rust spots on the housings ( not serious rust, but showing age )

The Carfax on this truck is quite lengthy! Oil was changed no more than 4,500 miles each time from new,
All fluids changed/flushed a couple times.

I'm impressed with the previous owner!!

You got a good one! Mine are blue too and original and almost the same mileage. Nothing wrong with them either, still rides nice and tows perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh