05 Denali Driver's Seat issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
If you don’t mind doing a patch job on the defroster tab, there’s a great product for this (and I believe, the only one that actually works):
Frost Fighter Rear Window Defroster/Defogger Tab Bonding Repair Kit 2000 https://a.co/d/4XcUrrr

It is a little expensive, but I believe that’s due to it containing actual silver in the kit. Definitely worth it IMHO.

Oh that's just perfect. $100 cheaper then replacing the rear glass, and easier since i don't have to pull the glass off, so definitely worth a shot. Looks pretty easy to do, so a penny saved is a penny earned right? Got that ordered up so maybe i'll be able to take 15 minutes and do that this weekend

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh that's just perfect. $100 cheaper then replacing the rear glass, and easier since i don't have to pull the glass off, so definitely worth a shot. Looks pretty easy to do, so a penny saved is a penny earned right? Got that ordered up so maybe i'll be able to take 15 minutes and do that this weekend
It’s worked great for me. Good luck!

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
Yeah, now the main thing i need to find time to do is figure out wtf is going on with the driver's seat. Fingers crossed it's just a bad connection somewhere, hoping to play with it this weekend but i know this weekend is a busy one for us

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck man. I know the feeling. I have 2 fairly significant projects on both vehicles needing done, but between the kiddo, and the dogs, it’s pretty rough finding time as a single dad.

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
Alright. So first of all. Shame on everyone who has read this and not thought to point out the obvious. Seat doesn't move? Need to access the wires under it to diagnose? Just pull the bottom of the seat off. Why are you trying to make this complicated and hot wire stuff. Just pull the seat and gain full access to the undercarriage. Stumbled onto this video and couldn't help but think look at all the room for activities.

So now I'm hoping that tomorrow the dump truck drivers are good at their job and spread everything how i know they should be able to so that i don't have to spend the next 2 nights fixing their job so that everything is ready for Friday and my weekend projects. Because if they do their job, i get to jump under the seat tomorrow night and hopefully get the power seat working once i can diagnose the issue that's at that plug

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
So i found some time to do a couple things this weekend. Swapped out the third brake light, and now the driver's seat works! I mean yeah, it could be all my fumbling with the main harness that made it work, but I'm going with the third brake light being the culprit.

I do plan on pulling that connector some time, cleaning it and reinstalling it to prevent future issues, but at least that problem is solved. Pretty sure it's the ground connector on the main harness. Got all my functions back. Also fixed the rear window defroster, and diagnosed the AC issues to be the compressor not kicking on. Plus i ordered new hubs so next weekend i should be able to get it 100% driving again, and then i'll work on the AC to make it comfortable and driving.

Breeze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i found some time to do a couple things this weekend. Swapped out the third brake light, and now the driver's seat works! I mean yeah, it could be all my fumbling with the main harness that made it work, but I'm going with the third brake light being the culprit.

I do plan on pulling that connector some time, cleaning it and reinstalling it to prevent future issues, but at least that problem is solved. Pretty sure it's the ground connector on the main harness. Got all my functions back. Also fixed the rear window defroster, and diagnosed the AC issues to be the compressor not kicking on. Plus i ordered new hubs so next weekend i should be able to get it 100% driving again, and then i'll work on the AC to make it comfortable and driving.
So on the seats I had the same issue no movement on driver's seat and ne heated seat on either. Tracked mine down to a bad connection under driver's seat. I simply wired the main hot(10 or 12 ga red wire) together outside the connector. Then about a year later the ground side burnt up and did the same with that. I just used a butt connecter as I have no plan of removing seat. Also did not have to pull seat bottom to do it, just from the back seat.. hope this helps!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait you have a 2005 Yukon XL Denali and your front seats aren’t heated?! That’s fishy….. every GMT800 Denali package truck and Yukon I’ve ever seen anywhere has 12 way power adjustable heated front seats……

OP
OP
Loki223

Loki223

Reaction score
Wait you have a 2005 Yukon XL Denali and your front seats aren’t heated?! That’s fishy….. every GMT800 Denali package truck and Yukon I’ve ever seen anywhere has 12 way power adjustable heated front seats……

I mean, techinically it didn't have heated seats until i got the connector fixed, then it did again. Unless you are talking about someone else, but i don't think i ever said it wasn't equipped with them, just wasn't functioning correctly which is why i figured it was wiring or the front seat computer under the driver's seat. My issue did turn out to be the main harness which is common, i'm just used to picking up somene else's junk to find out the problem was defintiely not the common issues. Hopefully soon i'll have some time to work on it some more so we can start driving it. Need to find a couple of hours to do both front hubs one of these days, but being a spare vehicle, it's a low priority thing for now

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, techinically it didn't have heated seats until i got the connector fixed, then it did again. Unless you are talking about someone else, but i don't think i ever said it wasn't equipped with them, just wasn't functioning correctly which is why i figured it was wiring or the front seat computer under the driver's seat. My issue did turn out to be the main harness which is common, i'm just used to picking up somene else's junk to find out the problem was defintiely not the common issues. Hopefully soon i'll have some time to work on it some more so we can start driving it. Need to find a couple of hours to do both front hubs one of these days, but being a spare vehicle, it's a low priority thing for now
I misunderstood your post. The way it read sounded like it didn’t actually have heated seats. That’s why I was confused. My bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts