03 Escalade engine ground wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemitomcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi all

Under the hood of my wife’s car on the drivers side firewall, I have what looks to be a ground wire. It’s bolted to the firewall. Can someone confirm that’s what it is.....

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
hi all

Under the hood of my wife’s car on the drivers side firewall, I have what looks to be a ground wire. It’s bolted to the firewall. Can someone confirm that’s what it is.....

There is a ground in that location that is typically a braided flat conductor. Is that what you're referring to?

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And when that ground wire becomes corroded at its connection on each end or actually breaks it will wreak havoc on your vehicle and cause all kinds of electrical demons to show their evil self!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a hood to body ground. just found the 05 3500 work trucks busted off at the firewall Saturday while working on it. if you have a under hood light, it may quit working. no light your not going to notice a thing. cant see it hurting anything being broken off.

OP
OP
H

Hemitomcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a ground in that location that is typically a braided flat conductor. Is that what you're referring to?
Yes. That’s it. The connection between the top of braid and the end electrical clip broke. So I just put another connector on it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yes. That’s it. The connection between the top of braid and the end electrical clip broke. So I just put another connector on it.

Nice. Just make sure you have a solid, clean connection. These trucks HATE grounding issues.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a hood to body ground. just found the 05 3500 work trucks busted off at the firewall Saturday while working on it. if you have a under hood light, it may quit working. no light your not going to notice a thing. cant see it hurting anything being broken off.
You sure he isnt talking about the firewall to engine block ground wire? Its braided too.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought he meant.
Sorry for quoting you, meant to quote scottydoggs. He was talking about the underhood ground to firewall which will not cause a problem with anything other than a hood light. What year did they stop using the undehood lights on c and k chassis? My 99 Sierra had the underhood light but my (2) 2003 Tahoes and 2005 Yukon Denali neither one of them have a underhood light.

I just notice the OP said under the hood "of my wifes CAR". Are we even talking about GM C and K chassis trucks/SUVs?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for quoting you, meant to quote scottydoggs. He was talking about the underhood ground to firewall which will not cause a problem with anything other than a hood light. What year did they stop using the undehood lights on c and k chassis? My 99 Sierra had the underhood light but my (2) 2003 Tahoes and 2005 Yukon Denali neither one of them have a underhood light.

I just notice the OP said under the hood "of my wifes CAR". Are we even talking about GM C and K chassis trucks/SUVs?

Yep, it’s a 2003 Escalade. Read his introduction post below.

Hi All,

I'm sure you have heard my story before. I find a car, get car, cheap. I buy it, fix it up, great ready to sell. The wife is pissed I bought it (without telling her, but it was only $700.00). But as I have two people interested that are seeing the car the tuesday after thanksgiving. I would be getting around a 6k profit on the car. Well, we have to use the car on the saturday before and my wife is forced to drive the car she hates. Well, she doesn't hate it. I tell her that I should it sold the following week. She says, let me drive it for a few days. I say ok. I push my buyers to thursday. Well on wednesday she tells me that she really "likes" the car and now wants to keep it. So now my profit for christmas presents is Gone. ****. But I have a happy wife. So now we have a 2003 Escalade. It's a very nice car. Oh, the car, When I bought it the previous owner had taken her long hair 100+ lb dogs to work for 15 years and LEFT them in the car, with the back opened. So about 50lb's of dog hair later, and fixing everything electrical I can find, and I'm now here...
I'm in California south of SF.
I'm a big car guy. I love the muscle cars specifically. I've had about 40 of them so far. My current ride is an old plymouth with a good motor in it... Lots of fun....

Appreciate the assistance in advance...
Hemitomcat

2003 escalade
2003 diesel ram 2500
70 hemicuda convert clone
61 ford thunderbird
2003 subaru outback
on hunt for 69 GTX or RR convert for next build

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member