03 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ECLIPSEJ24

Reaction score
I lowered my truck with 3 inch springs in the rear with mcgaughy srpings and belltech shocks and front with western keys (didnt measure just went for the looks) and belltech shocks and it kinda bouncy but i dont know if that is normal cause i came from busted bags and front bad shocks. So could someone give me some kind of advise on what to do next.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20130910_071804[1].jpg
    20130910_071804[1].jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by a moderator:

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't give you any advice. But that looks Damn good man. How much did the kit run you?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

OP
OP
ECLIPSEJ24

ECLIPSEJ24

Reaction score
bought every thing seperate from summit in ga then i had to buy the tool for the keys thinking abt 450 or so

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

how to you like those nitto tires cause i have some 305/50/20 but havent installed them yet thinking there are to wide and the bbp tune did u feel a big difference

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure tony will chime in soon, he's the suspension expert. I'm not sure you need to on a 3" drop, but did you do the free travel mod? free travel mod is removing the rear bumpstop brackets. it is more than likely bottoming out on the bumpstop. I sort of remember seeing some modification of the bumpstop for a 3" drop on DJM's website when I was researching what drop I wanted. I think they might have just trimmed the actual bumpstop and didn't remove the whole bracket. You might also need to relocate the sway bar but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Your Denali looks really good! Great job lowering it.
Most will say, keys alone will not ride the best, for lowering front. But sounds like you at least installed new shocks, so thats good. If you really plan on keeping it low, and have the money. Would suggest doing spindles, or arms. They will ride better. Some Z71 front jounce stops feel better up front.

+1 Magicbus. In rear, when I did my first 3" drop, I ended up just cutting my bump stops in half, and it rode much better. So you may not need to completely cut off bracket and do free travel mod, unless you plan on going lower in future. But may need to cut the bump stop in half +/- so it's not riding or bottoming out on bump stops. Getting shorter links for sway bar will help, then relocating it possibly may be needed, can't remember.

magicbus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Z71 bump stops, I just installed some on mine with the DJM 3" arms and the front rides WAY smoother. With the new front bumpstops and using the factory shock with an extender in rear, it is almost like a factory ZW7 truck, but the rear is a tad bouncy due to the DJM spring, I need some norcalSS 6" drop springs or bags out back. If you want some shorter end links for your rear, email me at [email protected] I have some modified factory ones that might work for your 3" drop, they didn't work very well on mine. The sway bar would collide with the panhard bar bracket since mine is lower.

OP
OP
ECLIPSEJ24

ECLIPSEJ24

Reaction score
on the front i switched out the keys and used some western suspension keys from summit racing but im going to try cutting the bump stops in half but i kinda want to drop it abt another inch in the rear cause i have some nitto 305/50/20 i want to install but i was looking for some different kind of 20s to install like forged wheels.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought every thing seperate from summit in ga then i had to buy the tool for the keys thinking abt 450 or so

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

how to you like those nitto tires cause i have some 305/50/20 but havent installed them yet thinking there are to wide and the bbp tune did u feel a big difference

Sorry man just saw this. I did notice a huge difference with the tune. Much more responsive and I noticed a 2mpg gain. The tires I love too. Nice and quiet. They ride nice and have a really sick aggressive looking patter

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo