03+ console into an 01-02 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TqMnster

Reaction score
Ok well I have an 01 Tahoe LT I bought for 6k so I could sell my 03 Z06 Corvette and get back to school. The only problem with it is that the center console was locked but open and theres no key. Well I decided to break the hook off so I could get it to close and then I found out the actual button is messed up as well as a chunk of plastic is missing where it would grab to hold closed. Anyways I no longer want the tape deck either so I want to update to an 03+ console. What all has to be done as far as dash fitment and can the new rear audio controls be used? I think they're useless now anyways now that I have an aftermarket radio/system installed lol. Thanks for any help!!!

BTW this is THE best tahoe/yukon site I've found. I always join a forum when I get a new vehicle and this is by far the best I've found. Hoping to remove my roofrack today and have got lots of new ideas already :shocked:

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
:welcome:

Let the moding begin and when you get a chance post pics of your new ride and I'm sure everyone will want to see pics of the Z06 :Handshake:

When you remove the roof rack make sure to fill the holes......I used little plastic caps and glued them in!!!

They looked very similar to these
-plastic-caps-000095430-4.jpg

OP
OP
TqMnster

TqMnster

Reaction score
Yeah I already put in a new Pioneer headunit, 1/0 gauge wiring kit, Kicker zx1000.1 amp, Rockford digital capacitor and 2 Kicker CVR 12's. She has every option besides the sunroof. Trying to locate some factory fender flares. Street scenes, fiberglass badgless grille, rollpan and ss bumper will be on the way soon hopefully :D

I plan on using set screws for the roof rack with some locktite and silicone.

LOVE your Yukon btw. I'm jealous of the yukon front ends. Those punched billet grills with no emblem and nice headlights make for a SEXY front end :( front end conversion maybe? lol Also want to shave may rear wiper. Think yours was the one I saw that sold me on it!

As for the pics....

Side shot of the Z06 is old. Before I lowered it.

Attachments

• vette.jpg
    vette.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 27
  • hoevette.jpg
    hoevette.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 39
  • vetterear1.jpg
    vetterear1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Ok well I have an 01 Tahoe LT I bought for 6k so I could sell my 03 Z06 Corvette and get back to school. The only problem with it is that the center console was locked but open and theres no key. Well I decided to break the hook off so I could get it to close and then I found out the actual button is messed up as well as a chunk of plastic is missing where it would grab to hold closed. Anyways I no longer want the tape deck either so I want to update to an 03+ console. What all has to be done as far as dash fitment and can the new rear audio controls be used? I think they're useless now anyways now that I have an aftermarket radio/system installed lol. Thanks for any help!!!

BTW this is THE best tahoe/yukon site I've found. I always join a forum when I get a new vehicle and this is by far the best I've found. Hoping to remove my roofrack today and have got lots of new ideas already :shocked:

The console will bolt to the floor, but it won't match up perfectly with the dash without changing some pieces. The 03+ dash comes down lower than yours. You also have to change the pieces that go behind the console. Not the part under the steering wheel, but the to the right of that, as well as the part for the glove box.

It would be easier to find a Denali/Escalade console from 01/02 to install. You would still have to replace the dash pieces with that as well. No, the rear audio controls from the 03+ will not work with your year or the aftermarket radio. The rear audio wont work from the Denali/Escalade console either.

Denali console install
http://rides.webshots.com/album/86120845EuQRAr
http://rides.webshots.com/album/93949676EtilMj

Last edited:
OP
OP
TqMnster

TqMnster

Reaction score
ok well i had bid on a console with no pics but was supposedly a dark grey console in excellent shape complete with everything including amp, rear controls, etc. and he adds pictures that show there is no lid or cupholder piece or the piece that raps up to the dash... WTF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos