02 Yukon Headlight Dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
400K_or_bust

400K_or_bust

Reaction score
Update to thread. Went back to shop on Friday. 10 minute adjustment and all is good. Turns out when they were installed they had them pointed down too far. Went out that night on a long drive in the dark and I am much happier. I'm going to go get that 4 high mod taken care of next.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 4 high mod is faster than changing over to led bulbs lol....

They make a little plate that pops right in if you don't want to try the diode method...

And I warned you about that when you went to hid... should have done it when you did the hids.

Ah well glad they got it sorted out.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moral of the story: If you're dissatisfied with a solution that you paid a provider to deliver & install, pick up the phone, or visit that provider in person, to discuss it before jumping to any conclusions.
:)

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to thread. Went back to shop on Friday. 10 minute adjustment and all is good. Turns out when they were installed they had them pointed down too far. Went out that night on a long drive in the dark and I am much happier. I'm going to go get that 4 high mod taken care of next.

On a 2002, it's SUPER easy and you need ZERO parts to buy. Well, a ring terminal is the only part that you will need. All you need to do is cut the yellow wire for the low beans and permanently ground it. THAT'S IT!!
You can accomplish this like I did on my 2001, I went under the fuse box and cut the yellow wire right at the fuse box and grounded it to the fender. I have also seen people cut it at each headlight and ground it to the core support.
But now when I turn my high beams on, the lows NEVER turn off. The lows and high all stay on when the high beams are on.

Shovel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On a 2002, it's SUPER easy and you need ZERO parts to buy. Well, a ring terminal is the only part that you will need. All you need to do is cut the yellow wire for the low beans and permanently ground it. THAT'S IT!!
You can accomplish this like I did on my 2001, I went under the fuse box and cut the yellow wire right at the fuse box and grounded it to the fender. I have also seen people cut it at each headlight and ground it to the core support.
But now when I turn my high beams on, the lows NEVER turn off. The lows and high all stay on when the high beams are on.

What years does this method work on?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the 4 high mod on my '02 years ago cause I couldn't deal with the same issue and it was one of the best mods you could do for the price (free).

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401