02 Tahoe new suspension way to bouncy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaketime81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently purchased an 02 Tahoe LT 4X4 with auto ride. The check autoride light was on, and after further inspection, I found the air ride aystem had been “bypassed”, air lines were broken off one rear shock, and bypass resisters were installed poorly, melted, and falling apart, and the pump never tried to come on. So I installed new resisters to remove the warning light. I purchased a Rough Country 2 inch lift/leveling kit: https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-273n2.html?find=2002-chevy-tahoe-4wd-738929
And replaced the entire front end steering/suspension components. The front seems ok, but the rear bounces about 6 times going over each speed bump. The sway bar links are good and I also went to pick and pull and grabbed rear springs from a non auto ride tahoe thinking they would fix the bounce but I still feel like Im on hydros every time I hit the gas or brake or go over bumps, are the shocks to soft? What am I missing?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jaketime81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so I figured it out, after talking with RC tech support, they had me measure my shocks on the car and found out that they we almost fully compressed, they sent me shorter shocks and now it rides perfect. They were not sure why my tahoe sat so low with the 2 inch leveling kit, but now its all good.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the solution to your issue. Our collective knowledge base has been increased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts