02 2WD Tires: What size can I run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RhinoCrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 02 2WD Tahoe.

I'm about to get me some new wheels and tires for it. I'm wanting to get as big as tires as I can without rubbing.

I'm going to get some new 17" wheels, so I know I can go with 265/70 R17 without rubbing. I've been told that 285/70 R17 will rub.

Is that true, will the 285s rub? What would I need to do to fit the 285s?
-Keys? Spacers? Bodylift?

Thanks in advance.

BTW if anyone is interested I can show you what I'm considering and would be welcome to opinions.

OP
OP
R

RhinoCrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I've found out today in doing some research.

DIY_DAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt seem that there would be a problem, but if it did rub try just adjusting your stock torsion bars, and if that doesnt work, get some ford f150 torsion keys for dirt cheap, and they will allow you to adjust it further than the stock keys for extra clearance, they have tire calculators all over the internet, but i know with stock you can do about 31" - 32" tire, with aftermarket, or ford keys a 33" and anything bigger you need a suspension lift or body lift

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get some ford f150 torsion keys for dirt cheap, and they will allow you to adjust it further than the stock keys for extra clearance

anyone have a source for these cheep ford keys?

I called my local ford dealer with the part number,
they quoted me like $78 each

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz