01 Yukon XL SLT: What can be causing my front left turn signal to only work sometimes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonxlfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay so here is the deal... the front left turn signal on my 01 Yukon XL SLT 5.3L used to hyperblink (only the rear turn signal of course... Since the front didnt work.) When I found out that it wasnt working... I went about changing the bulb to no avail as it still kept on not working. I did some research and the only thing that people kept saying on Youtube and forums was that it is most likely the Hazard and Turn Signal Flasher. So I changed it with a Novita Turn Signal Flasher. Now it doesnt hyperblink anymore... And the front drivers side turn signal finally works BUT only works sometimes... Like let's say 1 hour yes 1 hour no. What do you guys think could be causing it to only work sometimes? Maybe the Novita Flasher isn't a good product? Etc. thanks... any insight on what might be wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Turn signals run through the hazard switch, which if it goes bad, can cause issues like you're describing.

I generally hate recommending the parts cannon, but the tradeoff of time it takes to investigate electrical issues vs. the cost of tossing a new hazard switch in isn't there. Replace it and see if the issue persists

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked connections in socket are they clean and not burnt? Also check the marker light is not out. I has similar issue with mine working sometimes till I changed the socket.

I have had no issues with my Novita flasher after light issues were fixed. They seem to be finicky if your lights arnt working with the stock flasher unit.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya the first easiest thing to check is to pull the bulb out, clean the socket contacts with a flat head screwdriver or anything that will clean the metal contacts good and put the bulb back in and see if that resolves the problem, in the process you could also bend the little metal tabs in a little so the bulb is nice and tight.

that has resolved problem for me before especially on the daytime running lights over time the sockets change shape from the heat.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a junction box in front of the passenger side rear wheel? Under the truck?

OP
OP
yukonxlfan

yukonxlfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah thank u and everybody else for the help... so it ended up (hopefully) just being the corrosion and stuff in the socket. I cleaned it with electrical cleaner and a small screwdriver. The socket had green and light brown corrosion and the bulb itself had some black corrosion on the metal contact parts. When I put the key in and put the turn signal to the left it worked right away... and my dad and I went for a 1 hour drive and we pulled over like 5 times to check if the turn signal worked and it did each time we checked! So far so good... I'll check back in in a month to confirm whether it keeps working or not

OP
OP
yukonxlfan

yukonxlfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: the problem seems to be overall fixed! I've been checking daily for the passed week and everytime I check the light works now! The corrosion seemed to be the problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645