01 Tahoe climate control issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TH3BDC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys/gals I have a 01 Tahoe that I can't get any heat up front but get heat in the back of the truck. Already back flushed and flushed the cooling system changed the TSTAT and water pump. No leaks from the heater core. Thinking the climate control panel may be bad. Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

JR79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Going through it now. I need a blend door actuator, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's usually the control module. I just fixed the same problem on my 05 tahoe. The actuator goes into default position and closes blend door. There are several really detailed posts available on this problem.

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok my heat in back wasn't working so I was messing around with it and I gave it a slap and know it's working I hit were the blower motor was and it started working do you think I have a short in the motor or could it be a bad motor

JR79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok my heat in back wasn't working so I was messing around with it and I gave it a slap and know it's working I hit were the blower motor was and it started working do you think I have a short in the motor or could it be a bad motor
Do you have any air flowing from the vents ( hot or cold ) when you turn the fan on? If you have cold air flowing, but air won't get hot when you turn the heater on, IMO, probably the control module. If you turn the fan on and no air comes out at all, could be blower motor.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
sounds like you have a bad blower motor.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Do you have any air flowing from the vents ( hot or cold ) when you turn the fan on? If you have cold air flowing, but air won't get hot when you turn the heater on, IMO, probably the control module. If you turn the fan on and no air comes out at all, could be blower motor.
test for power at the blower motor. and check you fuse to start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn