‘21 Yukon XL SLT v. Suburban Premier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gilboyj

Reaction score
Will be in the market for either of these vehicles within the next six months. Aesthetics aside, I’m hoping to become familiar with and evaluate the key differences between the two. Any input is appreciated.

Big Bad Allis

Reaction score
Going on the GMC and Chevy websites and building your models will be a good start. It will allow you to see the base items and what added with different packages. Outside of the base models, everything else is personal preference and how many of the add ons you will want and utilize. For me I always want all the items available and will enjoy and utilize most of them which add value to ownership. Some will not want to pay extra for items in a package they wont use. That's where you can work with a dealer and order the things you want and not have the other things that are built into a package.

Craigy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are essentially the same thing.

GMC is supposed to be slightly more premium branding vs Chevy. Used to be Denali was a pretty big step up from a top trim Suburban, but these days you can spend as much on the Chevy.

malba2366

Reaction score
Denali interior looks to be a decent step up. Between Suburban and (non-Denali) Yukons chose the one you like the looks of better...they are the same vehicle. One thing I would look at very carefully is the headlight output. Test them both at night. The chevy has a very small headlight which can impact light output.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The quad exhaust tips the premier comes with are really nice. The SLT doesn’t have them.

OP
OP
gilboyj

gilboyj

Reaction score
The quad exhaust tips the premier comes with are really nice. The SLT doesn’t have them.
Yeah I did notice that. They do look great. Problem is, I think I like the Yukon’s looks better aside from the tips

OP
OP
gilboyj

gilboyj

Reaction score
They are essentially the same thing.

GMC is supposed to be slightly more premium branding vs Chevy. Used to be Denali was a pretty big step up from a top trim Suburban, but these days you can spend as much on the Chevy.
Seems like Burb Premier is averaging about 5k more than SLT, so wasn’t sure if I was missing something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3