Yukon XL project level kit w/ new wheels & tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Boandme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Boandme, hey when you get ready to show your Dmax some love, send me a pm...I know those trucks like the palm of my hand and could help you out some or point you in the right direction.

Will do man thanks! It's got a level kit but just stock wheels and tires basically. Like I said I would like to do a 4" lift with 35" tires if possible. I have done a little research and found mixed results on the 35"s fitting. I guess probably depends a lot on wheel selection. If I did the 4" lift I would want to do it right so I can still tow my fifth wheel without any problems all the way around. I LOVE my 08 Duramax, no URINE to deal with and sooo much power!

OP
OP
B

Boandme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear coil spring spacers showed up this morning and I got them installed. I did have to take the sway bar loose though to get it done. I cold barely get the spring out without taking the sway bar loose the way it was, let alone put it back in on top of the spacer. It's all looking good! The wheels will be here on Monday and I am getting the tires mounted on them on Tuesday. Going to look pretty bad a$$ in my opinion when it's all done! I might just be jealous that my wife gets to drive it around and not me!

OP
OP
B

Boandme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I needed up having to get a smaller tire size. The 305/55r 20 trail grapplers were a very tight fit. There wasn't much clearance between the bumper and the tire and I was worried my wife would rip her bumper off if she wasn't careful. I needed up putting on 285/55r 20 terra grapplers which will be better in the snow anyway. I think it still looks great. Here are some photos. Just took some quick with my phone. I will take some better ones later.

a5ee0c06.jpg

8e9f299d.jpg

5030a207.jpg

7b425bc9.jpg

31931c9f.jpg

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that looks so good. I have the CCM kit sitting at my house but haven't put it on yet. How hard was the install? Did you get an alignment done afterwards?

Also why did you go back to 285s? Why not the 305/50/20 which is wider and looks a little more aggressive. You did a great job though looks awesome man.

OP
OP
B

Boandme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
79a64415.jpg

28f6e93b.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Man that looks so good. I have the CCM kit sitting at my house but haven't put it on yet. How hard was the install? Did you get an alignment done afterwards?

Also why did you go back to 285s? Why not the 305/50/20 which is wider and looks a little more aggressive. You did a great job though looks awesome man.

The kit was really easy to install. I did it by myself. One thing I would suggest is taking the rear sway bar loose. I had to in order to drop the axle down enough to get the coil spring out.
I went with the 285 because they were a little bit taller and have more sidewall. I like the way they look and they are wide enough for me. They look good and fill the wheel well enough to not look like a skinny tall tire.

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That stance/tire size looks good!!

Felix...you can put that CCM on. There is nothing hard to it. Just takes a little time. I am waiting so patiently but it is killing me. Can't wait to see it!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Boandme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ah I see. Thanks for the info! So do the 285/55/20s rub at all?

No they don't rub at all ever. The 305/55 trail grapplers measured 33.39" and the 285/55 terra grapplers measure 32.28. I wanted to try the 295/55 trail grapplers but they were only about a 1/2" less than the 305's which only gains you a 1/4" of clearance really so I went to the terras which like I said is probably better considering I live in South Dakota where we usually get ALOT of snow.
Overall I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401