Stacking level and lift kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I been reading and just trying to understand as much as I can. So I have a 3.5" RC lift kit installed on my 07 escalade AWD. When installing the kit, the front was still slightly lower but I am guessing thats because of my arnott struts assemble. I noticed the struts have one less turn on the spring comparing them to the stock. So What I did was add a 1/2" Level that sits under the strut right between the strut and and lower control are. I believe that being 1/2" actually provides me with a 1" lift? So I am guessing that right now i am at 4-4.5" of lift up. But I been reading and everywhere I read, they say its a horrible idea and shouldn't be done.

Can someone please tell me why is this bad and why it shouldnt be done? Can I remove the 1/2 level spacer and replace the the spacer on top of the strut mount with a 2" spacer instead? Any inputs please.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@crownvic31 For the front suspension to work properly things need to be kept within a certain specification and when you add lift things will come out of spec and that's when you need supporting lift mods like control arms, lifted knuckles, lower control arm drop brackets, and such.

Post pictures of your suspension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar