Yukon Headlight Retrofit..... DONE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr DEVO ... call lightworkz and ask them to do it on a set of aftermarket clones.
They specialize in doing retrofits without the vehicle present (they align relative to the oem halogen beam).

My view is that customlightz is more qualified for specialized high end retrofits, lightworkz is great for more simple retros like the one above. :waytogo:

ya know... Serge, I expect you to just handle everything and send me the bill. :chicken:

Bjorn never emailed me back, I cried for 7 hours.

edit: its LIGHTWERKZ.net Serge... had me browsing the web for 7 solid hours looking and crying. :rant:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the specs on these...
Salvaged OEM Yukon headlights ($90/pair on eGay)
TRS Acura TL Projectors
Lens upgrade
Morimoto 55w D2S 6000k HIDs and ballasts
Panamera Shrouds
TRS Bi-Xenon H13/9006 harness and relay (be sure to specify you have a Yukon and the high/low beams are reversed)

Serge, thats what I originally wanted to do.. Unfortunately these TL projectors are so big, there isnt enough room behind the shrouds for somethink like that. I couldnt even fit the clear lenses that came with the shrouds due to the solenoid being in the way. If I wasnt so impatient, and if I get to do it again, Im sure I could find some creative way to make it work..

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, how do you do a DRL killer mod on these trucks? I did nothing to the DRLs..

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

I guess I should include a night shot.. Not the best, just in my driveway, but you get the idea..
I'll try to get some good before/after shots this weekend..
Low beams
IMAG0104.jpg
High beams
IMAG0105.jpg

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
nice trailer lol. might wanna hitch lock it... trust me people like to jack anything without locks on it

OP
OP
S

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow nice, Im getting a retro soon.

Are you in Austin? I see the Nyle Maxwell plate

Just north, in Georgetown...

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

nice trailer lol. might wanna hitch lock it... trust me people like to jack anything without locks on it

I wish they would, so I coulld claim insurance on it an getd rid of the damn thing...

drroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice work, 55w in a set of TLs is a lot of light.....but you should ditch the 6000K bulbs and get some 4300K = more light, better color rendering index w/ less eye fatigue on long drives.

OP
OP
S

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about it, but I've had 8000k for so long in my other vehicles, that I didnt want to venture far off. I know light quantity diminishes with that hot of a light, but the contrast they give reflecting off road signs is really what I need and was going for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb

Latest posts