2018 Yukon headlight build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy Schmidt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So. I’ve been reading and trying to find info or pictures on Yukon headlight builds. Have morimoto xb headlights now and they suck. Granted, they are from the first batch to be released but still.

I read on here about a Lightwerks adapter bracket and decided to give it a shot. Upper projector is an MLED bi-led and the lower is a MLED HB. Will be painting everything inside gloss black.

The brackets are a DIRECT install. Other than hunting down mounting hardware, they went right in.

The HB took some massaging being it’s a 3.0” projector and guys were telling me it won’t fit. Only required about a silver dollar size notch on the bottom.

Had to order a 9005 splitter to make both high beams work and have yet to paint them.

Attachments

• IMG_7119.jpeg
    IMG_7119.jpeg
    495.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7120.jpeg
    IMG_7120.jpeg
    456.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7123.jpeg
    IMG_7123.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 16

jets

Reaction score
Looks good so far. I'd love to pop mine open and black out the chrome shroud around the low beams.

Does the adapter for the lower HB ensure that the cutoff is similar to the upper BI-LED?

OP
OP
A

Andy Schmidt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good so far. I'd love to pop mine open and black out the chrome shroud around the low beams.

Does the adapter for the lower HB ensure that the cutoff is similar to the upper BI-LED?
The HB is a fat diamond pattern and has a threaded shaft that you attach in the old bulb hole. Once I get the projectors mounted and wired, gonna put them on the truck to aim the seal them up

Last edited:

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. This is great and thanks for sharing.

The HID and non-HID projectors that GM uses in their OEM headlights on the K2XX platform are terrible. This projector retrofit will address and resolve the true issue of poor headlight lighting output and performance.

Will you be adding any projector shrouds to the bottom MLED HB projector?

OP
OP
A

Andy Schmidt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. I ordered some smaller ones. I initially ordered large gatling. Not enough room. My mini gatlings just came in. I am also redoing the turn/drl/running light. I am putting an XKGlow led tube for a sequential turn for the full C.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not as easy as it may look for the placement of that LED tube along the OEM GMC "C" shape. There are some sharp corners there and it can be difficult to have the LED tube or strip lay flat with LEDs facing outward AND follow the "C" shape correctly. Not all LED strips/tubes are flexible enough to follow that "C" shape exactly and still illuminate and function.

OP
OP
A

Andy Schmidt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. I ordered a couple different sets to play with. Definitely aware of the challenges ahead. If not, I’ll but the led boards and reflectors back in.

OP
OP
A

Andy Schmidt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m sorry for the lack of updates. Been very busy. The paint isn’t perfect, but I’m having the lenses tinted.IMG_7641.jpeg

OP
OP
A

Andy Schmidt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And I finally got around to testing them on the truck.

Attachments

• IMG_7708.jpeg
    IMG_7708.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7707.jpeg
    IMG_7707.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar