2018 Yukon headlight build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Andy Schmidt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now I need to figure out the Hyperflash issue. Sent some emails to have the bcm reprogrammed.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

Reaction score
It’s great that you had a vision and went for it. Thanks for showing us the results.

Who are you contacting about BCM programming? I’ve contacted a couple of companies, including one that states “they always reply”, but haven’t heard back.

OP
OP
A

Andy Schmidt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s great that you had a vision and went for it. Thanks for showing us the results.

Who are you contacting about BCM programming? I’ve contacted a couple of companies, including one that states “they always reply”, but haven’t heard back.
So I’ve sent an inquiry to White Automotive as well as BT Diesel. And I recently found Custom Calibration Engineering. We shall see who responded first.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I need to figure out the Hyperflash issue. Sent some emails to have the bcm reprogrammed.

I thought I noticed that in your video. What's odd is when you have the hazard lights on I don't see any hyperflash, it's only when you were using each turn signal individually; 3 normal blinks then hyperflash.

Do you think it's because the LED DRL/signal strip you used is drawing different power than the stock LED DRL/signal?

What would need to be changed to the BCM to solve the hyperflash issue?

OP
OP
A

Andy Schmidt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought I noticed that in your video. What's odd is when you have the hazard lights on I don't see any hyperflash, it's only when you were using each turn signal individually; 3 normal blinks then hyperflash.

Do you think it's because the LED DRL/signal strip you used is drawing different power than the stock LED DRL/signal?

What would need to be changed to the BCM to solve the hyperflash issue?
So fun fact about that new strip. You have a 12v and ground wire. And the turn and running light wire. Apparently the 12v wire I chose gets power when the headlights are on. And yes. 4 way hazards are just fine. Apparently there is a setting in the bcm everyone keeps referring to as “incomplete chassis” for like rvs and stuff or work trucks.

OP
OP
A

Andy Schmidt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dropped them off to get tinted

Attachments

• D85F944D-0633-4819-907F-8BCD04194BF2.jpeg
    D85F944D-0633-4819-907F-8BCD04194BF2.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
A

Andy Schmidt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also got the Hyperflash issue fixed. Got my autosync gen2 from BT diesel works and the programming and license from Custom Calibration Engineering. Headlights and blinkers work. Like a dream.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also got the Hyperflash issue fixed. Got my autosync gen2 from BT diesel works and the programming and license from Custom Calibration Engineering. Headlights and blinkers work. Like a dream.

Why did you have to get both the autosync gen2 AND a license from Custom Calibration Engineering?

Also does the autosync gen2 device have to remained plugged into the OBD port at all times? Or do you plug it in make your adjustments and then you can remove the device?

OP
OP
A

Andy Schmidt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why did you have to get both the autosync gen2 AND a license from Custom Calibration Engineering?

Also does the autosync gen2 device have to remained plugged into the OBD port at all times? Or do you plug it in make your adjustments and then you can remove the device?
BT dieselworks sells the device and CCE sells the license to actually program the bcm. The device purchase was just that. When you select 2017+ that just includes a security bypass cable. Then with CCE, you have to give your vin number to be able to change bcm settings.

To do certain functions, it does have to stay plugged in. But when you reprogram your bcm, you can take it off and put it away. I was going to keep it plugged in but every start up would have a prompt on the screen which was annoying. Also, we have a rear entertainment thing to allow the front to show movies and the autosync and that module get turned on the same was. Pissed my wife off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar