Would you buy your Yukon/Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good for me and imo there is not a better looking full size SUV in the market. The Ford SUV (Expedition/Navigator) are not very attractive. IMO that is. I haven't had any major issues but do agree that the sensors and navigation/backup camera are annoying. My sensor goes off when I am 10 feet away or 30 feet away from another vehicle. Also, back up camera has said service rear vision system 2 times in the last 2 months.
I would agree except when comparing to expedition/navigator folks here are referring to the 18 models which are entirely different.

Imo, When it comes to full size SUV, they can only be so good in the "looks" category

Robb92914

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would agree except when comparing to expedition/navigator folks here are referring to the 18 models which are entirely different.

Imo, When it comes to full size SUV, they can only be so good in the "looks" category

Just looked up the 18 and yes they do look much better but maybe I am biased but still like the Yukon better lol. Maybe I'll do another date night with Lincoln when the Navigator comes out and see how I like it. Did the date night with the Continental and wasn't impressed. All the features and options are pretty much what my 2010 LS460l has.

I guess I haven't owned it long enough to hate it like some people on here do. Hopefully I'll never get to that point lol

powderbrake

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe, 4WD, separate 2nd row seats, trailer package. I have 48000 miles on it, with no problems. It is much better than the previous 5 Tahoes and Suburbans which I have owned, and I would buy again.

What I would like , on the next Tahoe I buy is:

NO THIRD ROW SEATS ...... have never used, and will never use.
Roof rack rails which are NOT solid. There is no way to tie a ratchet strap to the longitudinal rails on my 2015, as they are solid , i.e., they have no holes or slots.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe, 4WD, separate 2nd row seats, trailer package. I have 48000 miles on it, with no problems. It is much better than the previous 5 Tahoes and Suburbans which I have owned, and I would buy again.

What I would like , on the next Tahoe I buy is:

NO THIRD ROW SEATS ...... have never used, and will never use.
Roof rack rails which are NOT solid. There is no way to tie a ratchet strap to the longitudinal rails on my 2015, as they are solid , i.e., they have no holes or slots.

Both above items are available from Milwaukee tool.

61HXR7K3J2L.gif

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree gmc has the best looking SUV of the bunch. The new Tahoe never really grew on me. The 6.2 purrs great and the Denali grille looks good. but as we know looks aren't everything. Speaking of looks I really don't like the new Navigator either. The more I see the new expedition I like it... in fact I really like the new platinum max. That front end really sells it in my book I like the C clamp headlights they use and towing capacity will be 9300 pounds apparently, that's best in class, the Ford currently holds best in class towing anyway as it is today. I know of alot of people with Expeditions that treat them well that's why I am bringing them up in comparison as I would never buy foreign. Hopefully most people don't have this expericance with their GM and hopefully they run good for you all but there are a lot of issues through my reading up.

IMG_8261.JPG IMG_8259.JPG

Last edited:

Nord

Reaction score
1 year ago I would have said yes, but now absolutely not. Once it hit 40,000 miles it's been nothing but problems. I can't wait to get rid of it for a Toyota Sequoia.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved my 1980s GM cars, all very dependable for the day!

My 1982 Caprice was one of the best vehicles I ever owned...The a/c would have cooled off a 7 room house in Miami.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we just hit 68k with our 15 XL and it's time we dump money into and keep running it or unload it. Unfortunately, I think I'm already pass the point of unloading without taking a huge loss due to the mileage. i have a handful of repairs that need to be done and unsure if it's worth it or take a hit and trade it in.