Would you buy your Yukon/Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jac1304

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting a Yukon xl for years...new year model ford no thank you, 2017 gmc xl hope most bugs have been worked out..

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting a Yukon xl for years...new year model ford no thank you, 2017 gmc xl hope most bugs have been worked out..

I know, the Yukon XL looks much much better, especially on the outside. I've wanted one for years too. It's just that the 2018 Expedition has a few things the Yukon SHOULD have. But I'm also thinking that because of actual competition from the Expedition, GM will step up their game to catch up with some features. Maybe (gasp) the 2019 Yukon XL will have it all.

funymuny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, it is but I'm the Platinum trim it produces 400 HP.

Oh, I know they get the hp and torque up there. Friend has the new F150 and says the V6 tt is amazing. I'm just being old and stubborn I guess...no replacement for displacement or something like that. I know the turbos are nothing like 20-30 years ago; virtually no lag and metallurgy and manufacturing tolerances are so much better. I still look at it as some other critical part to break. But there are so many like that on all these new vehicles maybe it doesn't matter. I'm still in the V8 camp if I have a choice. So yeah, I go buy a 17 Yukon Denali with magnaride...something else to break, and it will, probably while I still own it (I still have the 07 I bought new).

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my 2016 Denali but love my 2002. Technology wise, the 16 is awesome but the 2002 is so much more comfortable to drive.

hunter991

Reaction score
I just bought a 17 Premier and so far i really like it... have to see how it lasts before i would say i would buy another. I looked closely at the ford expy too. the 2017 left a lot to be desired. It was a truck with an SUV body. 2018's jumped up in price quite a bit.. their msrp is higher than the tahoe. I too am not sold on the ecoboost yet. there is info on this motor all over the internet saying it won't last. Who knows, i guess we will see. Just not sold on it yet like i am the 5.3l

and keep in mind, the expy can't produce the same MPG as the chevy/GMC. Best my buddy with an f150 gets is about 19.5 on the highway. I get 23 with my tahoe. That adds up.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like my 2016 Denali but love my 2002. Technology wise, the 16 is awesome but the 2002 is so much more comfortable to drive.

Very interesting. I'm curious why you say that?

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I know they get the hp and torque up there. Friend has the new F150 and says the V6 tt is amazing. I'm just being old and stubborn I guess...no replacement for displacement or something like that. I know the turbos are nothing like 20-30 years ago; virtually no lag and metallurgy and manufacturing tolerances are so much better. I still look at it as some other critical part to break. But there are so many like that on all these new vehicles maybe it doesn't matter. I'm still in the V8 camp if I have a choice. So yeah, I go buy a 17 Yukon Denali with magnaride...something else to break, and it will, probably while I still own it (I still have the 07 I bought new).

And that glorious V8 sound....

funymuny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes...with the 6.2 you can hear it AND I like it. I'm still babying mine...less than 200 miles. Haven't had a chance to drive it much since I got it. Or drove the old one for one reason or another. Or drove the other car...first world problems baby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myers9020