Wobbly body in turns?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes; we already assumed this as a given.

What you're not used to is a vehicle that cannot shake its hips and change direction easily.
Problem is, this is BY DESIGN. It's NOT a flaw, it's a feature.

You did NOT buy a Tahoe Police Pursuit Vehicle (nor an Audi Q7 / Porsche Cayenne / Lambo Urus).

VERY Seriously consider this.
THEN also consider lowering it, unless you need / use all that ground clearance.
really depends, mine has air ride, when the air ride is not inflated properly I can tell the difference, mine was leaking down about 10 psi after 10 minutes of driving and I could feel the difference but I am not your average driver either, between front and rear hellwig sway bars and sport tires it handles exceptionally well for a whale. With enough power and brakes and experience you can do things with these vehicles the only real setback is size most of the time, it's not ever going to be a corvette though

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubeleive, I was speaking to the original threadposter, who I genuinely believe lacks air springs, aftermarket swaybars, and an in-depth appreciation from experience of the surprisingly considerable handling improvement potential of our SUVs.

And yes indeed, weight classes will ALWAYS be a thing, despite the fact that the American auto industry's very strong bias since the late '70s has been and still is to gain weight.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In my build thread, you can read about how much difference my Hellwig bars made on mine, along with all new, 1 year old, Genuine GM front steering and suspension rebuild. I believe that if I made the same maneuver that I did, with a stock set up, there would have been not near as much control and I would have ended up in to on coming traffic or on my side. It was a feeling I will not forget, when that 05 did exactly as advertised and then some.

OP
OP
L

lightflyer1

Reaction score
Doubeleive, I was speaking to the original threadposter, who I genuinely believe lacks air springs, aftermarket swaybars, and an in-depth appreciation from experience of the surprisingly considerable handling improvement potential of our SUVs.

And yes indeed, weight classes will ALWAYS be a thing, despite the fact that the American auto industry's very strong bias since the late '70s has been and still is to gain weight.
It seems I have no air springs or any of the fancy electronic stuff there. Just shocks and struts like most other vehicles. I have driven/owned heavy vehicles before as in several Tahoe's and Suburban's as well as Excursions and large trucks. Even added sway bars to the Excursion. But nothing of this vintage for the current Tahoe. I will be getting under it soon to investigate the sway bars/end links and their bushings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lightflyer1

Reaction score
Stock size in 17" wheels. Haven't checked the brand/model. Tires in good shape though. New from not too long ago with excellent tread.

OP
OP
L

lightflyer1

Reaction score
New sway bar bushings and links came in today. Maybe get them installed this weekend. GM genuine parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo