will this fit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stang&Hoe

Reaction score
Ok. Calling the shop today to order this setup. Please let me know if this sounds like it will work.

99 obs 4 door z71 hoe. Gas burner

315\75R16 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2
Which equates out to a 35x12.50

And a premium lift system by Performance Accessories its a 5" lift.
Here it is.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...t.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=358&t_pt=9333&t_pn=PERPLS105

this will be going on the factory wheels for now.

The 285x75s that are on it now rub a bit at full steering lock on the control arms and if I'm not paying attention they tend to grab a bite of fender if the wheels are turned and I hit a firm bump.
A bit of rub is fine but not wanting to bust the truck up too much

I have already removed the cute little plastic valance from the front bumper. The chin spoilef I guess?
I haven't rubbed the fenders since a BFH rolled the edges quite nicely.

autolover3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was gonna look at your link but website isn't loading right now. With a 5" lift, 35's will fit. I wouldn't be worried, curious what all does the lift come with and how much is it?

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

oh nvm, now it loaded ha! 3" BL with 2" keys.

I myself would skip on this lift and get just a 3" body lift and crank the stock keys some with maybe a bigger block in the back, depends how you like your stance.

But if you do do this lift, be careful cranking those keys, OBS keys allow you to lift more than you think compared to NBS where lift keys are needed. Also would need longer shocks (Bilstein 0-2" lift shocks are very popular) Cranking with those 2" keys will also put more stress on your front end parts. Rough Country has a 2-3" suspension lift that includes shock mount extensions, front differential drop brackets, longer upper a-arms, lift keys, shocks, and option of block or add a leaf for the rear.

A kid brought his truck into our class at college (auto tech) and he added like 3 extra leafs to the rear, had us install 2" keys and wanted them cranked to the max. Still had stock shocks and everything. Needless to say trying to align it was a PITFA! The stock shocks were extended to the max just sitting on alignment rack.

OP
OP
Stang&Hoe

Stang&Hoe

Reaction score
I like a level truck or nose down stance. I hate the new Carolina squat stance that most folks have. Looks like they're haulin a fat chick...
The idea thats in my mind is the 3 inch BL will clear the 35s just fine. Then crank the keys enough to allow some suspension travel. I want to have as little lift as possible to make this work simply because I like the full fender look.
Ill look at the RC 3 inch lift too.

OP
OP
Stang&Hoe

Stang&Hoe

Reaction score
ok so i looked at the RCX 2-3 inch lift. looks sweet. especially knowing that it comes with UCAs and ball joints. and shocks.
ill have 600 tied up in it. 50 in the steering stab. and 300 for the 3 inch body lift.
beats 1600 for the RCX 6 inch time you figure in the new axles up front thanks to autotrac...
wonder how much installation will be on the 3BL and 3" sus lifts together...
i guess ill know here in a bit!

OP
OP
Stang&Hoe

Stang&Hoe

Reaction score
ok, so everything im reading and hearing from shops is that there is no way that i can fit 35s without going with a full 6 inch...

surely a 3BL plus a 3 suspension will do the same?

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

$3500 for a 6 inch lift and 35s...not sure how i feel about that...

Last edited:

autolover3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would expect 35's to fit under 3" BL with t-bars cranked a bit with a tight fit... and add a 3 inch suspension lift to that and shazamm! I've seen numerous hoes and pickups on instagram that have stock suspension with keys and no lift in rear fitting 12.5 wide 35s. Too close for comfort for me

Rough Country shows tire size to be a 285/75/16 (32.8 somethin somethin tall and 11.2 somethin) with 3 inch lift. add a 3 inch BL your good to go. I found a couple BL online for about 200 bucks if that helps any.

I feel I'm repeating myself alot here but oh well haha. 3" BL roughly 200-300$, RC 3" lift 600$, steering stab 50$ you said, so roughly 850-950$ without shipping and installation (and maybe other worn out parts that may be found) you would have a solid 6 inch lift with decent ride quality VS

6 inch suspension lift (as recommended by shops you've been talking to) 1,000$ for roughcountry or price will rise alot, brake lines, drive shafts, greater driveline angles to be corrected, and than shipping, installation, worn parts.

OP
OP
Stang&Hoe

Stang&Hoe

Reaction score
Thanks brother. I have my local shop building me a quote now on the BL plus a crank. Will add the RCX3 inch in a few months just for peace of mind and replace anything worn on the front end. Then later on down the road gears and lockers. I really appreciate your help.

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have much against body lifts, other than the fact they leave a massive gap in between the body and frame, and don't necessarily give added ground clearance. Also, when it comes to the RCX 2-3 inch kit, it's been pretty much been nothing but bad news for the OBS trucks (Example: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27612 ). The kit has been updated as of recently, but even so people still shy away from it.

Granted you might save a bit of money doing a BL, SL combo, but you best bet would be to go with a 6" suspension lift.

That is just my $0.02.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove