will this fit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Stang&Hoe

Stang&Hoe

Reaction score
I don't have much against body lifts, other than the fact they leave a massive gap in between the body and frame, and don't necessarily give added ground clearance. Also, when it comes to the RCX 2-3 inch kit, it's been pretty much been nothing but bad news for the OBS trucks (Example: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27612 ). The kit has been updated as of recently, but even so people still shy away from it.

Granted you might save a bit of money doing a BL, SL combo, but you best bet would be to go with a 6" suspension lift.

That is just my $0.02.

Duely noted. And duely AVOIDED!!
No RC3 for thus guy! I think im gonna just bite the bullet and do a full 6 inch and be done with it. Its around 3 grand for lift and tires but its a one and done kinda deal.
Ever heard of Zone lift kits? Local shop is really pushing them but ive never heard of them. Supposed to be a spinoff of sbs or bbs or bss or some big offroad company that I can't remember the name of. That rc3 kinda has me gunshy of the rc6.

Now all I have to do is settle on a set of tires!
Torn between MT baja claw ttc. Bfg km2. Nitto trail or nitto mud grappler.
Ah the decisions...

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duely noted. And duely AVOIDED!!
No RC3 for thus guy! I think im gonna just bite the bullet and do a full 6 inch and be done with it. Its around 3 grand for lift and tires but its a one and done kinda deal.
Ever heard of Zone lift kits? Local shop is really pushing them but ive never heard of them. Supposed to be a spinoff of sbs or bbs or bss or some big offroad company that I can't remember the name of. That rc3 kinda has me gunshy of the rc6.

Now all I have to do is settle on a set of tires!
Torn between MT baja claw ttc. Bfg km2. Nitto trail or nitto mud grappler.
Ah the decisions...
I've only heard of Zone for their body lifts. And not much of what I've heard has been good. I think the RCX 6" kit is probably your best bet. At under 1 grand, it's cheaper than any other reputable 6" kit and has built up quite the reputation for being a very strong kit. The only downside is its not a full 6" diff. drop. You will have to crank your t-bars to get it to a full 6 in the front.

As far as the tires, those would all be good picks. Only issue would be that the mud grappler is made of a very soft rubber, so that it rides better and isn't as loud. This results in a tire that will be bald in 6-8k miles. I have a couple buddies that have them and they are unbeatable in the mud, but they were bald in a year of daily road use.

Also what about regearing? Stock gears can turn 35's, but gas mileage will be in the single digits, and wear and tear on your drive train will be drastically increased.
Lifting a vehicle can be a bit depressing when you look at all the numbers, but to retain things like near stock ride quality, wear and gas mileage, you have to take note of everything.

OP
OP
Stang&Hoe

Stang&Hoe

Reaction score
I've only heard of Zone for their body lifts. And not much of what I've heard has been good. I think the RCX 6" kit is probably your best bet. At under 1 grand, it's cheaper than any other reputable 6" kit and has built up quite the reputation for being a very strong kit. The only downside is its not a full 6" diff. drop. You will have to crank your t-bars to get it to a full 6 in the front.

As far as the tires, those would all be good picks. Only issue would be that the mud grappler is made of a very soft rubber, so that it rides better and isn't as loud. This results in a tire that will be bald in 6-8k miles. I have a couple buddies that have them and they are unbeatable in the mud, but they were bald in a year of daily road use.

Also what about regearing? Stock gears can turn 35's, but gas mileage will be in the single digits, and wear and tear on your drive train will be drastically increased.
Lifting a vehicle can be a bit depressing when you look at all the numbers, but to retain things like near stock ride quality, wear and gas mileage, you have to take note of everything.

I drive 5k miles a year so that buys me a bit of time before gears have to be bought. Already priced that out to. 1200 for 4.55 front and rear with a Yukon zip locker out back too. New u joints and axle seals at the same time. Plus doing a motor/trans later in the year too.

ordering this setup today. Getting it installed this week if the parts come in soon enough.

Eh ill just go hard and do some TSL boggers and be done with it. Haha
im leaning towards the KM2 for the white letters. Got the bfg at now and have loved it. For 85k miles. Not sure how. I think its because the dry rot got them so hard that they wore slower...

autolover3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard bad news of the 2-3 kit also but saw they have updated the kit. I called RC and talked to a guy and asked him a few questions, of course he's a salesman I'm assuming but said the new designs don't cause any problems when installed correctly. I myself am tossing the idea around of the 2-3 kit.

I wasn't trying to persuade away from a full 6" susp lift, just more so trying to make the point that it does get expensive. But the results would be a nasty hoe sittin up high! :)

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Also Swamphound, I see your sig says cranked and blocked.. do you have anything up front or just stock cranked up, and how big of blocks??

Thanks

OP
OP
Stang&Hoe

Stang&Hoe

Reaction score
Well... due to every shop wanting over my $3500 budget for lift and tires ive had to postpone the lift...going to get my new 285 75 16s today. BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2. Stock wheels. May turn the keys a bit if need be. Ill save and rebuild the suspension. Then save for new wheels and a body lift. The put a new motor and trans. Then do a full 6 inch lift and some 37s or 38s. Maybe by the end of 2014... it'll be a a rock solid build and a new truck by the end. I think thats smarter than rushing this kit now and risk breaking stuff... ugh...patients is NOT my strong suit when it comes to vehicles...

SouthernHoe

Reaction score
im with you on the waiting. Been getting all my ideas together and when the wifes car is paid off Im building my 99 instead of buying new. I built the motor about 50K ago and had the trannydone about 6K. I will be doing the RCX 6", gears, wheels, tires, , interior stuff, etc. Its going to be another year or so but it will be worth it. ;)

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]Also Swamphound, I see your sig says cranked and blocked.. do you have anything up front or just stock cranked up, and how big of blocks??

Thanks

2 inch block out back, with a 1.25 crank in the front.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Well... due to every shop wanting over my $3500 budget for lift and tires ive had to postpone the lift...going to get my new 285 75 16s today. BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2. Stock wheels. May turn the keys a bit if need be. Ill save and rebuild the suspension. Then save for new wheels and a body lift. The put a new motor and trans. Then do a full 6 inch lift and some 37s or 38s. Maybe by the end of 2014... it'll be a a rock solid build and a new truck by the end. I think thats smarter than rushing this kit now and risk breaking stuff... ugh...patients is NOT my strong suit when it comes to vehicles...

2 inch body lift + 6" suspension on 37s. That would be pure badass.

OP
OP
Stang&Hoe

Stang&Hoe

Reaction score
Here she is

Attachments

• 20140114_173802_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20140114_173802_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20140114_173819_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20140114_173819_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20140114_173830_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20140114_173830_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 16

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look pretty mean, I think I'll go with the km2s as well when the time comes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076