why is the 4l60e such a P.O.S.?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Jasper Engines gave/sold me a 3 year-100k warranty. I haven't seen anyone offer something like this. they aren't the cheapest, but I have put about 10k miles on it and it shifts like new and they threw in a shift kit which makes for all the more fun. I could have gotten a high end built trans from any other place for the same price, but I didn't want to deal with spending $1k to have it pulled and shipped everytime something went wrong. I got a zero deduct warranty that covers all kinds of crap if something goes wrong.

drifter666

Reaction score
Ive burned threw a 4L60e in an s10 blazer cost me 2k to rebuild it with a 2yr 24k mile warranty although I am in the north east I'm sure I got ***** considering it is all stock and i think its going again. One thing when you repair something ask for the old parts that way you know they didnt just "put something BACK"

What about an extra filter on the return line would that help also?

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about an extra filter on the return line would that help also?

I have seen guys run and external filter (or remote filter Kit) and ditch the one in the trans (some kept the one in the pan). I think they had to run bigger lines and make a custom pickup tube. Not sure though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemilioflores89

Latest posts