Short block purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
flynn78us

flynn78us

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I removed all the spark plugs and oil pan drain plug, squirtted in a few ounces of the solvet in each SP hole. Then every 12 hrs or so put a socket on the crankshaft bolt a moved the crank back a forth a little, then replenish ea cylinder with solvent again.

After 48 hrs or so I put towels over each side of the engine and cranked over the engine with the starter 5 or 10 revolutions to remove the solvent from the cylinders.
Put SP and drain plug back in, filled with cheap oil and filter, drove it for 100 miles or so, did a dump and fill with good oil and filter.

This piston/combustion chamber soak, and the new improved valve cover, immediately cured my stuck piston rings and oil consumption problem completely. Today, 5+ yrs and 65k miles later with 196k miles, no oil consumption :)

Here is 1 of the many threads I did back then:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...tor-oil-consumption-tsb-10-60-10-008m.108493/
Did it do anything for a cylinder 8 misfire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick