Why is my Tahoe so low to the ground?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hollydelk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe which was bought used. It has the full front bench seat, full bench second row, and full bench third row seat. For some reason, it seems to me like my truck sits lower to the ground than other Tahoes. Not a lot, but it is noticeable to me. It has the same wheels on it that is on my mother's 2007 Z71, which are 18's, I think the dealership switched them out from a Silverado they put fancy wheels on. What can I do to get it the same height as the other ones, is there some sort of leveling kit rather than a lift kit. Also, my truck has black door handles and I would love to have the color keyed ones...do I have to order them from a dealership or can I get them aftermarket?? Thanks!!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just a shot in the dark here, but maybe previous owner lowerred it or leveled it?

OP
OP
hollydelk

hollydelk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
??

Don't know, the previous owner was a company and my dealership said it was a company vehicle for executives, so maybe they did..I sure wish they would have left it alone if that's the case. I noticed it before I bought it, but I got a great deal and it was the exact color I wanted so I jumped on it, didn't think it would bother me that much but now it's beginning to get to me. How do I tell if they did that?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can find them on eBay or buy them straight from the dealership. OR you can just get yours painted by a local paint shop.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look lowered to me.