WhiteHot Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillnsbZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with the paint peeling off the door handles of their seirra white 2010 Z71 Tahoe's ?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with the paint peeling off the door handles of their seirra white 2010 Z71 Tahoe's ?

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue where the paint is peeling off your vehicles door handle. I cannot guarantee anything but I would like to look into this concern for you. Please private message me referencing this tread.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM customer Care

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of this. I went out and checked a couple of Yukons and there does seem to be a seam on the paint. I wonder if it's a wrap similar to the chrome handles that are notorious for peeling when they start to come unglued. If so, they may replace them under warranty like they do on the chrome handles.

gfunko

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This sounds like a known issues with the handles, especially with the Chrome. I hadn't heard of it happening to the painted handles, but seem I will be on the look out.

tedv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see this is an old thread, but will respond anyway. I have a 2014 Suburban in Moca Steel that has paint delaminated from the inside driver door handle. My clear coat on the hood and over the front windshield has crazed and looks like it's failing too. Don't understand it. I had a 2000 Suburban that I traded and never had any problems with the clear coat.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2004 Denali had the exact same issue when I bought it. I think it cost me about $250 to get it fixed

tedv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2004 Denali had the exact same issue when I bought it. I think it cost me about $250 to get it fixed
Checked with Chevrolet ... they said after 12 months from new they won't cover anything. They want 600 to do the hood. Haven't gotten an estimate on the roof yet. I'm hoping the whole paint job isn't failing. Did GM change the paint they use?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2006 has bad clearcoat all over the roof. And a few little spots along my doors. Sucks. I never had any clearcoat issues on my 2001 Durango limited that had nearly double the miles when I sold it that my Denali has. Really sad that gems paint quality isn’t very good.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
They want 600 to do the hood. Haven't gotten an estimate on the roof yet. I'm hoping the whole paint job isn't failing. Did GM change the paint they use?

Ted, what year do you have?

GM is notorious for peeling white paint. Look at all the vans and work trucks out there. underneath it's grey primer. I was told the reason is that they use a water based primer. On my 99 K3500 the roof and the hood peeled. I'm hoping it wont happen to my Hoe!

never had any clearcoat issues on my 2001 Durango limited that had nearly double the miles when I sold it that my Denali has. Really sad that gems paint quality isn’t very good.

It has nothing to do with mileage. We can thank the EPA for poor paint quality

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ted, what year do you have?

GM is notorious for peeling white paint. Look at all the vans and work trucks out there. underneath it's grey primer. I was told the reason is that they use a water based primer. On my 99 K3500 the roof and the hood peeled. I'm hoping it wont happen to my Hoe!

It has nothing to do with mileage. We can thank the EPA for poor paint quality

Is that every version of white that has a history?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts